Convince me to buy something other than a Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The only reason I could see using a 45 over a 17 would be holster compatibility with a 19. Currently leaning towards a 19 with a TLR7 but keeping a 17 with an X300 as another thought.

Maybe a 45 with a TLR7 is a good middle ground, I just feel like if I have the larger grip, I might as well take the barrel too.
I guess I could see the extra ~1/2" on the grip being an issue, but not so much. I'm betting if we had them in 2011 we'd be using them instead of G19s.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
G19 over g45 of you want to conceal carry. I like the feel of the g45 but that handle is tough for me to conceal.

I never really understood this claim but have read it a LOT. The dimensions are incredibly close to 1911 Commander dimensions. Outside of being double stack vs single stack grip width, I see no measurable difference in the two.

I carry my 19X as a lighter alternative to my full steel guns. Those are still in the rotation, but carrying them every day starts to fire up my lower back after a few weeks.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never really understood this claim but have read it a LOT. The dimensions are incredibly close to 1911 Commander dimensions. Outside of being double stack vs single stack grip width, I see no measurable difference in the two.

I carry my 19X as a lighter alternative to my full steel guns. Those are still in the rotation, but carrying them every day starts to fire up my lower back after a few weeks.
What single stack are you talking about? G19 and g45 Are both double stack.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I won’t dispute that the g45 is similar to a commander but both of those still have more meat on them than the 19.
Of course they do, I am definitely not disagreeing with the 19 being far easier to conceal. I just disagree with the lack of concealability of a G45 or 19X, but like everything else we wear all day it is ultimately personal preference and comfort that decides.

I went back and look at the measurements and with standard grip panels, not slim, the grip width of a 1911 and G19X are also nearly identical which surprised the hell out of me.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course they do, I am definitely not disagreeing with the 19 being far easier to conceal. I just disagree with the lack of concealability of a G45 or 19X, but like everything else we wear all day it is ultimately personal preference and comfort that decides.

I went back and look at the measurements and with standard grip panels, not slim, the grip width of a 1911 and G19X are also nearly identical which surprised the hell out of me.
Understood. Holster Choice and Location has a lot to do with concealment success. The Holster that works well for my 19 probably needs adjusted to make the 45 conceal well.

J-pitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am the worst about selling and trading guns way more than I should and I traded my carry gun for a rifle a few weeks back. I have tried a P320, P365, M&P 2.0, and even a Staccato C2 DUO. I keep going back to a Glock 19 as just feels nice and is at a reasonable price range. Any handgun over $1000 is nice but I have trouble holding onto it when I know I can have a nice rifle set up for that price. A Glock 19 size is the sweet spot for me that actually seems to conceal better (with a quality holster/belt) than the 365s or Shields that I've owned. Would not be against trying other guns in a similar size and price range because as I mentioned before, I don't mind trading/selling.

Particularly interested in trying the midsize FN MRD 509 (15rds) and the CZ P07. I know there are others out there in the same boat as I am and always end up wanting a Glock for carry, even after experiencing more expensive guns. Really just wanting to hear what other people here think.
You should carry what ever gives you the most confidence and comfort , personally they are the least favorite of all I have owned

Latest posts

Top Bottom