Tannerite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juddweiser

Marksman
Reaction score
Anyone had first hand experience with Tannerite? Is it worth the money? Was thinking about getting 40 of the 1/2 pound targets for long range shooting and to possibly make a few craters out at the farm.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot some at a machinegun shoot a few years ago. Kinda like fireworks. I'm still waiting for BATFE to find a way to make it illegal.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is easy and much cheaper to make your self. Tannerite uses some proprietary mixture Amonium nitrate mixture I can't think of off the top of my head but you can do it easily with Amonium nitrate fertilizer and aluminum powder. Look up the mixture on google I think it's 9:1

Perfectly legal as long as you don't trasnport it mixed. Just like Tannerite. And much less expensive.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is easy and much cheaper to make your self. Tannerite uses some proprietary mixture Amonium nitrate mixture I can't think of off the top of my head but you can do it easily with Amonium nitrate fertilizer and aluminum powder. Look up the mixture on google I think it's 9:1

Perfectly legal as long as you don't trasnport it mixed. Just like Tannerite. And much less expensive.

Which is the 9 and which is the 1?

Latest posts

Top Bottom