Taurus over Glock...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jckellison

I think most (not all) shooters, especially these days, go through stages of firearm ownership.

An individual gets interested in shooting, and the norm is to fall in love with a certain style of firearm. Maybe long for an XD, but see the Taurus styling and the lower cost ultimately win the mind. A pride surrounds that owner as he moves on to secretly clearing the house with an unloaded mag. (I did that when I was young with my first shotgun and a P-22. (Personally guilty of owning a Citadel 3.5" 1911) But as time goes, tastes don't necessarily evolve but, an understanding of build quality and reputation inevitably weigh thought into a next purchase.

I remember looking at Taurus years ago when I wanted a "cheaper Smith 637. I never invested in it, but I remember thinking "What a great deal!" and "Smith's must be charging for a name." but I was lucky enough to have a mentor in my quest for firearm perfection. (not to insinuate that my humble safe is full of perfect pedigree firearms)

I have a brother in law going through these stages now. He'll defend his problematic 24/7, Tocharev 762 auto, and Rijas DTI to the death, and get out shot at every range visit, yet blame ammo. But I see his tastes evolving into Ruger's, and an envious green glow when he shoots a Glock, but poker face he still holds. Like the M1 issues GI lusted for a Thompson, seems it's just phase every gun owner has to go through.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had 2 Taurus revolvers, both are gone. Still have Glocks, Rugers and Smiths. A beat up old mossberg shotgun for $110 kept me and mine safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom