TCSO: Deputy shouldn't be charged because he confused his weapons (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then they shoulda arrested him twice for selling methamphetamine before this incident even happened.

This just shows more guilt, ineptness and culpability by Leo's involved in this. Sounds like they knowingly and willingly put several other officers lives at risk. Sounds like they went from a simple arrest him for selling meth to let's turn this into a big cluster fukc and waste more time and funds. Let's call in some reserve deputies and turn this into a big deal and see what happens.

Perhaps you should run for sheriff and fix everything. :rolleyes2

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I'd like to see Sheriff Stanley retire. The way he handled this unmitigated disaster made it exponentially worse than it might have otherwise been.

I doubt there would still be satellite trucks and press tents parked outside the BOK center if Good Ole Boy Glanz hadn't been unjustifiably protecting his patron and questionable TCSO policies so fiercely. Just Sayin'.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
uh OOOO ... the dirt is flying ...

======
Sources: Supervisors told to falsify reserve deputy's training records

April 15, 2015
Supervisors at the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office were ordered to falsify a reserve deputy’s training records, giving him credit for field training he never took and firearms certifications he should not have received, sources told the Tulsa World.

At least three of reserve deputy Robert Bates’ supervisors were transferred after refusing to sign off on his state-required training, multiple sources speaking on condition of anonymity told the World.

The sources’ claims are corroborated by records, including a statement by Bates after the shooting, that he was certified as an advanced reserve deputy in 2007.

An attorney for Harris’ family also raised questions about the authenticity of Bates’ training records.

Additionally, Sheriff Stanley Glanz told a Tulsa radio station this week that Bates had been certified to use three weapons, including a revolver he fired at Harris. However, Glanz said the Sheriff’s Office has not been able to find the paperwork on those certifications.

The sheriff’s deputy that certified Bates has moved on to work for the Secret Service, Glanz said during the radio interview.

“We can’t find the records that she supposedly turned in,” Glanz said. “So we are going to talk to her to find out if for sure he’s been qualified with those (weapons).”

Undersheriff Tim Albin was unavailable for comment Wednesday but in an earlier interview, Albin said he was unaware of any concerns expressed by supervisors about Bates’ training.

The Sheriff’s Office has released a summary listing training courses Bates had been given credit for but have not released documents showing which supervisors signed off on that training.

He rejected claims that Bates’ training records were falsified and that supervisors who refused to do so were transferred to less desirable assignments.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/cour...0-a9fb-51e3-ab5e-4d97b03c6c04.html?TNNoMobile

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait, we have a bigger story here. Are you saying a couple of dogs were able to pass the BAR?

Well, if I could pass it....

I testified for them ( professional capacity) in a case I thought they would lose, I was wrong they won big time.

I know them very well. They are aggressive and tenacious. I'm wondering if Clark Brewster will defend the civil suit too. He's a phenomenal lawyer.

Regardless of your opinion of Bates or Harris, regardless of which "side" you believe is right, this situation is a tragedy for all involved.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a tragedy Mr. Books but it was also an avoidable one. This man shouldn't have still been serving as a reserve. Some things, like wine, get better with time. Our reflexs and cognitive abilities don't. He was only still a reserve cause he had a ready supply of cash.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting JB, so the convict Harris is dead and Mr. Bates has bank so the public will get what? What a massive cluster fukc TCSO continues to cause.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This ^^^^^is typical of folks that are being deceptive or even lying. It appears that the TCSO is making stuff up.

Yeah because the Tulsa World is always spot on and never fabricates anything, given the concrete nature of the story and all.

We will see if anything more comes out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom