Teaching a Kid to Drive; How Much Trouble if You're Caught?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A farm kid here but i can remember driving standing up between my dads legs when i was like 4 out in the fields. used to be a little country store 5 miles from the house when i was 12 would drive there and get us lunch. got pulled over once for not using a turn signal but the HP knew my parents so it was different i guess. he went to the store with me and we talked about driving safely while having a coke in a glass bottle.... times are way different now

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A farm kid here but i can remember driving standing up between my dads legs when i was like 4 out in the fields. used to be a little country store 5 miles from the house when i was 12 would drive there and get us lunch. got pulled over once for not using a turn signal but the HP knew my parents so it was different i guess. he went to the store with me and we talked about driving safely while having a coke in a glass bottle.... times are way different now

That's no kidding. I've been driving on my own since 10/11ish. I started driving with my dad in the truck with me but on my own around 7 or 8, and driving in his lap around the same age as you. I had bought my own truck with my own money several years before I ever had a license (I had a job hauling hay), and drove god knows how many miles of county roads across NW Oklahoma by myself and with my buddies.

Kind of funny to see this topic. I got my son behind the wheel of a go cart, four wheeler, and UTV this past weekend, and he's 5 (UTV he was in my lap though, everything else he was driving on his own). He also drives my wife's car in my lap in parking lots now that I'm a city folk, and he started doing that at 4.

God, I'll be thankful when I can GTFO of the city again....

Latest posts

Top Bottom