Teal hunt pics from the border lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a couple pictures from my last Teal hunt of the season. I started the morning on private land with a friend and his son, but all we shot were a couple dove.

awww.fototime.com_99C0996E27CC3B2_standard.jpg

When they headed home, I went on to the big lake walking a creek channel on a flat actually looking for Rails with the dog, but picked these up instead.

awww.fototime.com_119E7A32C0366F3_standard.jpg

awww.fototime.com_AA278EEA0828169_standard.jpg

Overall I had a good season. Three hunts with limits covering two states on three public lakes. And the 4th private lake day that was a bust only until I went back to public. Overall one of my best Teal seasons in a while.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
great pics!

Question?
Ok has a season for Rail and Gallinule. I have never seen any of these birds, and have not a clue where they are, or what they look like. I see your hunting rail.
Help!:D

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
great pics!

Question?
Ok has a season for Rail and Gallinule. I have never seen any of these birds, and have not a clue where they are, or what they look like. I see your hunting rail.
Help!:D

I have never seen a Gallinule or Purple Gallinule anywhere I hunt in Oklahoma. Seems like it is more of a Texas Coastal Bird, but I suppose they migrate through. Rails do migrate through, but then don't seem to stay in one place long. I usually take no more than one or two a year as incidentals while hunting something else, but I had some good hunts this year on a couple areas while they were here. Snipe I hunt often and is why my duck hunting buddies nicknamed me Sniper John. That season is open, but I have not seen them show up yet.

Rail season Sept. 1 - Nov. 9, 2010; statewide.
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/regs/migratory.htm
But be careful hunting them, there are species of Rail that are protected
such as Yellow Rail. You have to know your birds on the wing.

Sora Rail pics from this season.
awww.fototime.com_C1F1E9E3A306849_standard.jpg

awww.fototime.com_011ED88A6A2C571_standard.jpg

awww.fototime.com_67123064A959A61_standard.jpg

And my favorite. I like this picture better than any I have taken this year.

awww.fototime.com_983C63101621AA9_standard.jpg

How about one more of another Teal hunt.

awww.fototime.com_6F4D3328C1AC284_standard.jpg

beer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great pics and stories! I didn't see a Teal one this year. That is until I was out looking for a new deer location and scouted a spot 40 yards from where I dove hunted. 400 yards in I came upon a little area that looked like a picture from Ducks Unlimited. 30 Teal on the side I came in on with about another 30 at the other end. Unfortunately it was this last Saturday! Oh well, there's always next year. And it goes without saying I'll be checking it when duck season kicks off.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great pics!:yelclap:
I don't do much if any waterfowl hunting any more, which is probably why I've never seen a rail. Really liked the one of your dogs intense stare when you had the bird close to his nose:D
I'll bet he was coiled up like a tight spring:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom