Tell me about Kahr pistols.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience is with the original line, all metal Kahrs (K not C series), which are excellent pistols. My K9 Elite 2003 (night sights) is like a magazine fed revolver with the nicest DA trigger you ever pulled. Consistent and accurate. It had about a 75 round break in period and since then has been 100% reliable through 1,000 rounds.

The K9 Elite would be the last handgun I would part with, beating out (barely) even my S&W .22 K-frame.

If you are a 1911 fan or are otherwise unfamiliar with this style of trigger pull, then you might have a learning curve with the Kahr triggers. However, they are excellent for what they are. Me, I learned to shoot with a revolver.

All of my carry guns have the same trigger action and a similar manual of arms (DAO, no manual safety, no disconnect) -- Kahr; Ruger LCP; S&W J-frame snubby. To me that's very practical.

Last edited:

Bronco'69

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the CM9 that I carry when my Glock 27 prints to much or I am wearing shorts. I have a pocket holster and a +1 magazine for it and I am very pleased with the comfort it provides as I can carry it all day and in situations that dont nomally allow for a pistol to be present.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my wife and later my father-in-law decided to buy a carry gun I took them to the range and rented several for them to try. When my wife got to the Kahr TP9 she said that's the one. FIL chose the CW9. I like the feel of them but while they are accurate, and the trigger is smooth, I don't care for the long reset.

Latest posts

Top Bottom