Tell me about Kahr pistols.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are they any good? My son-in-law bought one the other day, I've never shot or handled one. Just curious about them.

He was also looking at a Diamondback. Never even heard of them.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kahr pistols are U.S. made, quality small arms. Kahr is actually part of a consortium that produces - KAHR, Thompson, Auto-Ordnance, and (I think) Magnum Research weapons.

Here is a link to the Kahr website:http://www.kahr.com/

Look closely at the specs for each pistol because Kahr has a lot of similar size/caliber/configuration guns with variations on frame (all steel vs. polymer/steel, etc.) and price point.

I have found them to be reliable, easy to maintain, and very nice for concealed carry because they are mostly slim with clean lines (CW9, CM9). However, they are only "clean" because of a lack of external manual safety on some models which may be considered a negative by some. I also have little familiarity with their full size line.

As a side note - the company is run by a son of the Rev Sun Young Moon (remember "Moonies" of the 70s and 80s?). This is just trivia and I would not hesitate to consider another Kahr if I was in the market for something in which they have offerings.

Last edited:

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just noticed that there is a "news" item on Kahr's main web site about Diamondback losing some court battle with Kahr. Didn't read it not sure of details and I don't know much about DBs except that they look like baby Glocks.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks.

Interesting correlation of family businesses, from a "peacenik" to a gun manufacturer. Not that's there's anything wrong with either. I kinda like peace and firearms myself.

My son-in-law bought a compact .45, but I don't remember the model #. I'll get to shoot it sooner or later.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took my new (to me) CW45 to the range for the first time Sunday and ran a full box through it. I enjoyed shooting it and did not experience any issues, other than my own lack of skill. Kahr specs indicate that the frame is only an inch wide. It doesn't feel too thin in my hands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom