Tell me about Kahr pistols.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The kahr is best as a 9mm IMO. I have a CW9 and it is great for deep concealment. No printing worries at all with a quality IWB holster. Takes a while to get used to the long trigger pull but it is accurate if you do your part. Thoroughly pleased with mine.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a cm9.
It's the perfect range pistol and seems to be built sturdy but I do not like it personally for carry. You can't chamber a round with a closed slide or it will jam. The instructions even tell you the only way to chamber it is to lock the slide back, insert mag then release. I have my sda license so it's always chambered anyway but still an inconvinience. The mags also stick out about a quarter inch which can get caught on your clothes. That alone keeps me from relying on it as a ccw. Imho get a g26/27 instead, they are fatter but are worth the girth!
I will say however, it has a very smooth trigger pull.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a CW9 and like it pretty well. The trigger pull is long, but smooth. Extra mags cost a pretty penny, if that's something you're interested in getting. Other than those things mentioned, I can't think of real detractors, and I'm a Glock fan for the most part.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a PM9, my wife carries a K9, I have had a P9, P9 covert, CW9, and another PM9. All of them worked great. I went through all of the other ones except for the keepers looking for a single stack 9MM that my wife liked. She liked the frame size of the P9, but was a little too much felt recoil, so when she shot the K9, she fell in love.

Buy the Kahr, you won't be disappointed. They are built to tight tolerances, and do need a few hundred rounds to break them in. I do not know of anyone that did not like them after they took the time to break them in. Most of them do not want to invest the time shooting it, and want to just load a new gun and carry it without shooting it until it is a proven gun, silly in my opinion. Any brand, even Glock, can have issues, they all need to be proven first.

She was carrying a G19, and it was just too big. Which leads me to why people are sold on carrying a G26? If you put a pinky extension on it, it is almost exactly the same size as a G19, and if not, you are just about 1" difference between them anyway, so why not carry a G19 if you are carrying a G26?

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a P9 that I had stippled and cleaned up and added night sights by accurate iron. Never an issue, it's a tack driver. My wife carries it now. It's had bout a 1000 rounds thru it. Will say need to dry fire it and you will smooth out the trigger pull and become much more accurate with it.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my wife a pink-framed Kahr P380...and she took to it like a duck to water.

Shooting the little pink gun myself leaves me thinking I want one for myself...but maybe not pink.

Comparing the small Kahr to some other brands of .380 and .32 acp tiny pistols...these seem to be a cut above the rest. The only real gripe I can level at the pink Kahr is that the pink frame is hard to clean off all the 'smut' from shooting. Black frame would be easier to keep up appearances.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a P9 I bought used. I've run over 500 rounds through it and don't recall any problems with any of the different ammos. It's quite accurate for such a small firearm too. I recently bought a p380 new. A couple times in the first 4 magazines (both on the same extended magazine) the slide failed to completely lock forward. After that I ran another 225 rounds through it without a hiccup. 3 different brands some ball, some JHB.

I wound't hesitate to buy another if I had a need or want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom