NIB Model 19 for under $315

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going through my safes and organizing and I had to stop and admire the Model 19 that my Grandfather gave me about 25 years ago. He and his Brother bought a pair of M19s and my Grandfather kept it under his bed for the next 20 years until he gave it to me. I added the grips to class it up but otherwise it is 100% original and pretty much dead mint (VERY faint turn line if you look for it). It was never shot and never really handled, finish is mint. Original receipt shows that long gone pricing but I thought it would be fun to post a Time Machine.... Too bad Grandpa didn't grab a Python, lol
IMG_9854.jpeg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my dad's M19 from the same era in almost the same condition. Wish I had the box, tools and receipt like you do, but it's not a big deal to me that I don't.

His has been shot, but only a few boxes of rounds and it's also been carried but always in a gun rug, in the door pocket of his car and has been from Minot, ND all along the Rockies down into S. Texas when he was working. I don't know that it's ever been put in a holster, probably a time or two.

Finish is like yours only with a more pronounced turn line. I'll still shoot it on occasion at the range but it goes like he always carried it, in a rug.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice M19 Thanks for the post! on a side note, Buddy's Sports Center must have turned into FBF/Outdoor America's first location and the 4% OKC sales tax is a distant memory.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome keepsake, but such a waste to not use it.

I'm not a believer in safe queens. I WANT to shoot them.

Nah, When it's almost 45 years old and unshot it makes sense to leave it alone. I have plenty to shoot...plus, in a way, if I shot it I feel like it would lose some of the connection to my Grandfather. As of now, I'm just the current caretaker until it goes to my oldest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom