Tell me about Kahr pistols.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got the CM9 and extended 8 round magazines.
I have only got to put 1 mag through it so far but it feels good for its size.
My issue is the fit of the extended mags with bare metal between the grip and base plate.
If anyone has a source for some kind of magazine grip sleeve, please share.

Thanks
Keith

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the cw9 I purchased. I found two factory mags in our classifieds well in the money. Shop around and be patient, they can be found. I didn't find the need really to have a lot of mags for it really as it is not my target/fun shooting, but it did make it easier at the range, rather than fire an 8 rounder and reload.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got the CM9 and extended 8 round magazines.
I have only got to put 1 mag through it so far but it feels good for its size.
My issue is the fit of the extended mags with bare metal between the grip and base plate.
If anyone has a source for some kind of magazine grip sleeve, please share.

Thanks
Keith

Read Post #19 in this thread.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ex- Kahr CW9 shot lights out once you learn where the trigger break is during the long pull. Maybe mine was a freak of nature. No issues, no fear of failure during carry....

Great fit with a Handall Jr.........

MAGS - best prices consistently at IVANHOE Tactical or Ivanhoe Wholesale......great people from my dealings.

Also - if you have mag issues during release of an empty mag, like getting stuck about 1/2-1'' out the chute.........Caliper the mag lips, I worked with Kahr to explain they were 'out of spec' on my unit, Simple squeeze with a vice to 'in spec' dimensions and all was good.

Customer Service was also very good as they continued to trade mags trying to find ones that worked.......in the end it was the issue above.

Cover the front dot in Glo Paint too. not the cheap stuff. fire it up at night and really works well, much bigger than the Triji replacement and cheaper. Although not as strong in reality. Just an idea.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to shoot it Thursday night. I don't care for the LONG trigger pull, but I'm a single action person. I shot very good groups with it, and didn't have any FTE, FTF or other hiccups.

Also shot his Diamondback, had several problems with it, but it was beginning to break in after about 40 rounds or so. Owners manual said it requires a couple hundred rounds to really break in.

Best group of the night was with a Sig .45ACP that belonged to the feller in the next lane. I was cutting bullet holes with it.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking about a CM9 to replace my current P3AT for pocket gun duty. The only thing that gives me pause is the fact that you apparently can't chamber a round by racking the slide, and have to use the slide stop instead. I have a good bit of muscle memory invested in doing it the other way. I see it as a major flaw to design a pistol that stovepipes when you use the most commonly taught defensive handgun reloading technique with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom