Tell me about Kahr pistols.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Various levels, but pretty much all of them are good to go.
I carry a CW45 fairly regularly and I've ran a few thousand rounds through it without "any" issues.
They range from high quality to better than avarage handguns.
I currently have 3 or 4 and wouldn't hesitate to call on any of them to protect me and my family.

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My only complaint about them is the small grip can be hard to handle depending on the shooters hand size.

I put a Hogue Hand All Jr on my CW40 and it made a huge difference.

anyway back to the OP... I carry mine ever day and love the way it shoots!!!! Trigger is super smooth. The only jamming issue I had was ammo related. Once I got away from PMC Starfires I did not have any issues.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have carried a pm40 everyday for about six months now. I really like the pistol. The main reason I turned to a pm40 was most of my other pistols are 40 so I wanted to minimize number of calibers I have. I don't think you can find a smaller pistol in 40. I will say one thing though, the 40 is a handful in that small of a gun. I have rather large hands so I can get follow ups without having to repositioning my hands, but if you don't have a pretty strong grip, I would stay away from the 40. I did put a set of talon grips on mine and it made it a whole new shooter. Some people talk about reliability issues with kahrs during their break in period, but it was a non-issue for me.

Last edited:

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only complaint about them is the small grip can be hard to handle depending on the shooters hand size.

Buy this Hogue grip:

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=114&products_id=147

Buy this Pierce Grip Extension:

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/KAHR/PG-MK9

I've carried the Kahr PM9 for close to ten years now, and it's absolutely reliable, accurate, and very well made.

I handload and have run a few thousand rounds of 115, 125, and 147 grain bullets through it in all shapes, without a single misfeed.

From just about the first month, I had it fitted with a Hogue grip and Pierce extension, and it makes all the difference in th world.

And I don't care if Rev. Moon's son owns the company. :)

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had three Kahrs. A P9 that was a good pistol. Probably shoudn't have sold it. A PM40 that was ok. Had an occasional feeding issue. Never fully trusted it. Now have a
CM40 that has had broken two followers. First one broke after 3-4 mags of firing. Kahr sent me a new one. I replaced it, fired three more mags and it broke again. Now the pistol is with Kahr. Lets see what they do with it...I'm guessing replace the follower with another plastic one. Point of the post is Kahrs have been a hit and miss experience for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom