Texas district attorney, wife found dead at home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/texas-district-attorney-wife-found-dead-home-045407488.html

KAUFMAN, Texas (AP) - Two months after an assistant prosecutor was gunned down, the bodies of a north Texas prosecutor and his wife were found in their home, authorities said.
Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, were found killed in their home on Saturday, Kaufman County sheriff's Lt. Justin Lewis said.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was wondering where this part of a story came from ..... "Sources told CBS affiliate KTVT in Dallas that the DA was shot multiple times with what is believed to be an assault rifle ......." ..... :(

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is sad i see they were killed with an .223 (at lease they found .223 cases at crime scene).

Sad to hear, but I bet these killings are related somehow with the cartels and the illegal trafficking of people and drugs across the border. This DA probably did his job and prosecuted someone and killing him would be a show of force in their eyes. Or, it could be something else all together like some political crusader using an "assault rifle" to keep the policy in play.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would you be thinking if you were an Assistant DA in that county? 2 Of your colleagues killed by unknown gunmen, with both unsolved and so far no leads? I'd be thinking about moving very very far away myself.

DAs prosecute so many people... it could really be anybody. It could be one of the big gangs or cartels, or it could just be a guy who caught a felony rap for drugs or something and is pissed at them for ruining his life. With most murders, the police are searching for a motive. Here, there are thousands of people with a motive to kill these guys.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would you be thinking if you were an Assistant DA in that county? 2 Of your colleagues killed by unknown gunmen, with both unsolved and so far no leads? I'd be thinking about moving very very far away myself.

DAs prosecute so many people... it could really be anybody. It could be one of the big gangs or cartels, or it could just be a guy who caught a felony rap for drugs or something and is pissed at them for ruining his life. With most murders, the police are searching for a motive. Here, there are thousands of people with a motive to kill these guys.

This. The first shooting made me sad. This one gave me the creeps ...

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised this type of thing doesn't happen more often, with as many people as DAs eff with over their careers. By rights it ought to be a more dangerous job than it is. That may start to change, though. I said it before in the thread on the first Kaufman County killing and I'll say it again... I predict that we will start seeing more and more of this sort of thing.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised this type of thing doesn't happen more often, with as many people as DAs eff with over their careers. By rights it ought to be a more dangerous job than it is. That may start to change, though. I said it before in the thread on the first Kaufman County killing and I'll say it again... I predict that we will start seeing more and more of this sort of thing.

We're way deep in WTF territory now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom