The 7th Carrier book series.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else read any of this fiction series? I have been trying to find them online with no luck.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't... what's it about?

Start with a WW2 Jap super carrier trapped behind a glacier for I think it was 49 years. The glacier moves freeing the carrier and a crew of old warriors that does not know the war is over and are hell bent on doing their duty to their Emperor by attacking Pearl Harbor. They attack right around the time a Chinese killer sat system screws up and starts shooting down all jets and rockets.

Since the super powers are now pretty helpless some Arab countries start buying up WW2 ships and planes and attacking. The US and Japan become prime targets and the Jap carrier forms the backbone of the defense. WW2 ships and planes fighting in today's world.

I really enjoyed the ones I read when I was playing a lot of Combat Flight Sims. A word of advice, after hours of intense online combat, attempting to barrel roll your P51 out of a FW190's bullet stream will sitting in an office chair is not a good idea.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My mother is going to give me her old pad when one of us can get to the other one. I will wait and try to buy the whole series as much as I hate to give Amazon any money.

Now if you like sword & Amour type fiction with just a little SciFi thrown in, the Horseclans series by Robert Adams is good. You can read a few of them at the Internet Archive for free. The Coming of the Horseclans is the first in the series. Post nuclear war, nomadic tribes roam the plains, telepathic horses, saber tooth tigers, an occasional giant ferret, and a few immortals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom