The Day of the Triffids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread prompted me to watch DOTT on Tubi. Great movie! I remember talking about this flick with my chums when it first came out in the early 1960s.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the ones from the 50's seem ludicrous now but one the does hold up is the Original "Invasion of the body Snatchers" still great and the remake is good too, One of my favs as a kid was "The Incredible Shrinking Man"

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the ones from the 50's seem ludicrous now but one the does hold up is the Original "Invasion of the body Snatchers" still great and the remake is good too, One of my favs as a kid was "The Incredible Shrinking Man"
I like the older ones better than most of the newer stuff. Most of today's rely on gore and special effects instead of good story telling and acting. Give me a good 50,60, or 70s horror flick over Friday the 13th or Halloween. A case in point was one I watched last night that I had some hope for because of the cast. David Carradine, Arte Johnson and Monique Gabrielle (Tracy from Bachelor Party)

Evil Toons should have at least been campy fun, but it pretty much just sucked. Best part of the whole film was a few minutes of Monique topless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom