The Drum Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Small quick review if anyone was thinking about going...we got a chance to eat here this weekend (we had a groupon).

Chicken was good, not dry at all and was more 'southern in style'. We had the chicken and waffles, fried okra and gravy/mashed pots. Food was hot, quick and a whole chicken was plenty for our group of 4. Atmosphere was great, service was great. Drinks were pricey, they were cashing in on the hipster phenomenom I guess. PBR, Hamms, and miller lite were all priced the same - $2.50 buck a can. We went on friday night around 730 and only waited 7-10 mins to be seated. It's not a large place, but has about 20 tables with a huge bar.

It sits over on N. Western, just south of I-44 around 42nd street. you can google it.

note: if you're looking for an 'Eischens tasting chicken' without having to drive 40 mins from OKC, you'd be going to the wrong place. Although good, we don't have a hankering to go back and are actually gonna hit Eischens this wednesday. KD's chicken/waffles is actually about the same as the Drum Room now that I think about it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of these days I'm gonna have to get GC and head over to Eishen's ... Neither of us have been there ...

I hadn't heard of The Drum Room ... and we've still not made it out to KD's even though I'd like to give it a try one of these days.

Thanks for the review!

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Eichans Saturday night after the OU game. Man it was so good! Drum room doesn't really interest me. I like chicken, I like waffles. I do not think I would like them together.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Eichans Saturday night after the OU game. Man it was so good! Drum room doesn't really interest me. I like chicken, I like waffles. I do not think I would like them together.

So, are you saying you wouldn't like Chicken Waffle Cake??

l.jpg

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Awhile back decided to try The Drum Room. Arrived a little after 2. The bartender was working every table in the place. Slow, piss-poor service. Got the chicken and waffle sammich. Not cheap, about $12 IIRC. The waffle was obliviously left over from the lunch rush. Stale and cold. The fries were cold, also. I really wanted to like it, but have been reluctant to try again.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of these days I'm gonna have to get GC and head over to Eishen's ... Neither of us have been there ...

I hadn't heard of The Drum Room ... and we've still not made it out to KD's even though I'd like to give it a try one of these days.

Thanks for the review!
You are missing out. When I have a hunger for chicken and beer, I like me some Eischen chicken.

Latest posts

Top Bottom