The eclipse..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We’ll have another one cross the state in 2045. I’m not going to drive just to see the totality of this one. And it’s looking overcast for most of the viewing spots currently. Maybe it’ll change but at least some places got a boost to their economy either way.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don’t care. I don’t understand why someone would drive hours to see this. I am for sure not looking at it through a piece of paper with some thin mirrored plastic strips in it that cost 2 dollars from Lowe’s.

My wife works in a Putnam city school, they not allowed to take little kids outside that day.
She's lucky. A lot of guys here aren't even allowed near schools.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be staying inside. I experienced the big one in 1979, not far from Bozeman, Montana, and I don't think I've ever been the same since. You have to ask yourself who or what has the power to move the moon in front of the sun? I can tell you no one on this planet can do that, so there's only one other option, and nobody is talking about that, very convenient. The changes I've gone through are also a little strange, physically I feel older, I've put on a little weight, my eyesight isn't as good. Mentally, I sometimes have thoughts that don't seem to be grounded, I've gone so far as to drive a copper ground rod next to the patio and connect myself with copper wire to it, but it doesn't seem to help, and there is no explanation for it. So no, I won't be part of the insanity that goes along with these events, if you take part I wish you well.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be staying inside. I experienced the big one in 1979, not far from Bozeman, Montana, and I don't think I've ever been the same since. You have to ask yourself who or what has the power to move the moon in front of the sun? I can tell you no one on this planet can do that, so there's only one other option, and nobody is talking about that, very convenient. The changes I've gone through are also a little strange, physically I feel older, I've put on a little weight, my eyesight isn't as good. Mentally, I sometimes have thoughts that don't seem to be grounded, I've gone so far as to drive a copper ground rod next to the patio and connect myself with copper wire to it, but it doesn't seem to help, and there is no explanation for it. So no, I won't be part of the insanity that goes along with these events, if you take part I wish you well.

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work nights so hopefully I will wake up in time. But earlier last week I was thinking of maybe going southeast a little for it, I live in Norman. Then thought to myself that is stupid. Just sit on the porch and drink a beer or two and enjoy it.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be in Ozark, AR for unrelated 4-wheeling adventures, but that is on the edge of totality so if it's not cloudy, then we will see it.

Was working in Nebraska for the 2017 totality event. It's pretty cool to see, to be honest. I'm glad I've experienced one, probably won't live until the next in 2045 or whatever.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don’t care. I don’t understand why someone would drive hours to see this. I am for sure not looking at it through a piece of paper with some thin mirrored plastic strips in it that cost 2 dollars from Lowe’s.

My wife works in a Putnam city school, they not allowed to take little kids outside that day.
I remember experiencing this as a grade school kid and it was very anticlimactic.
I was also at Putnam City at that time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom