The EDC med kit thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm currently in the market for a small med kit to attach to my EDC camelbak. I'm also thinking about putting a large one together for our primary vehicles. So lets see some pics of everyone's med kits and details as to what you carry in your kit.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where is fire medic? I know we've got a few military medics on here too. Weigh in guys, I've been thinking about putting one in my two vehicles also so it can be decent sized.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll post one of my edc ish small kits. Don't judge the background, not my choice.

This stays attached to one of my packs. It is small, and meant to deal with small life threats. This doesn't have some of the items as similar sized kits I have (usually keep some Celox, Z fold gauze and a decompression needle with it.)

[Broken External Image] TT double M4 pouch, SOFT-T in the shock cord

[Broken External Image] contents of kit ( less D-needle, Celox and gauze)

[Broken External Image] Olaes modular bandage, 4". This is THE BEST bandage IMHO. It uses a forcing cup to put pressure directly in the wound, contains gauze for packing material and a plastic sheet for occlusive dressing. As far as bandages/dressings go it's the titties.

[Broken External Image]

Duct tape! Blood makes standard tapes (clear surgical, sports etc) pretty much useless. Duct tape has a million uses, and 5,000 of them are medical. This flat roll was achieved by wrapping gorilla brand duct tape around a 7-11 gift card, then trimming the card.

This is pretty good stuff, but proper training on how and WHEN to use this stuff would be much more beneficial. I'll try to get pics of my big car kit up later.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll post one of my edc ish small kits. Don't judge the background, not my choice.

This stays attached to one of my packs. It is small, and meant to deal with small life threats. This doesn't have some of the items as similar sized kits I have (usually keep some Celox, Z fold gauze and a decompression needle with it.)

[Broken External Image] TT double M4 pouch, SOFT-T in the shock cord

[Broken External Image] contents of kit ( less D-needle, Celox and gauze)

[Broken External Image] Olaes modular bandage, 4". This is THE BEST bandage IMHO. It uses a forcing cup to put pressure directly in the wound, contains gauze for packing material and a plastic sheet for occlusive dressing. As far as bandages/dressings go it's the titties.

[Broken External Image]

Duct tape! Blood makes standard tapes (clear surgical, sports etc) pretty much useless. Duct tape has a million uses, and 5,000 of them are medical. This flat roll was achieved by wrapping gorilla brand duct tape around a 7-11 gift card, then trimming the card.

This is pretty good stuff, but proper training on how and WHEN to use this stuff would be much more beneficial. I'll try to get pics of my big car kit up later.

awesome thanks for sharing anything you would recommend as a must have a small EDC med kit other than what you listed above?

Last edited:

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it just depends. What do you anticipating encountering? What do you want to be able to treat?

Here is my larger, mostly edc vehicle kit.

[Broken External Image]
LA Policegear 3 day backpack. There's a condor rip away EMT pouch on the side, EMT/trauma shears and SOFT-T tourniquet in the outer molle

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Contents of the Rip away pouch. Left to right: Tacmed blast bandage, nasal airway, Sharpie. Center: SOFT-T, hemostats, 4" Olaes bandage. Right: z packed gauze, cravat, duct tape, nitrile gloves.

[Broken External Image]

Lower backpack compartment: 4" Olaes and blast bandage. Ebay seller effed up an order, or I would have a different pouch to put these bandages in. I'll get on that soon, and this will hold some IV fluids.

Top pack pouch: Pocket BVM, King airway, nasal airway, surgical cric kit.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Main pouch insert: SOFT-T, Sharpie, Olaes 4" 2 each, Olaes 6 inch 2 each.

[Broken External Image]

Other side, outer pouch: Cravats 2 ea, gloves.

[Broken External Image]

middle pouch: King airway, nasal airway, nitrile gloves.

[Broken External Image]

bottom pouch: Cravat, z pack gauze.

[Broken External Image]
Main pouch pocket: vascular access kit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom