The Elephant in the Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That Democrats don't want to talk about.

https://www.news9.com/story/5efaa62...-turns-himself-in-for-okc-murder-of-16yearold

From the article:

“It tore me apart when I heard the news that my brother was shot, but I am disappointed that we as the black community fight against the police and ignore the gun violence in our community. If we as the black community allow this problem to continue then we are no better than the police that we are protesting against,” said Ghaunte' Lewis, Armani’s Uncle.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That Democrats don't want to talk about.

https://www.news9.com/story/5efaa62...-turns-himself-in-for-okc-murder-of-16yearold

From the article:

“It tore me apart when I heard the news that my brother was shot, but I am disappointed that we as the black community fight against the police and ignore the gun violence in our community. If we as the black community allow this problem to continue then we are no better than the police that we are protesting against,” said Ghaunte' Lewis, Armani’s Uncle.

Oh they want to talk about it........notice the call for "more aggressive gun laws."

A culture that absolutely refuses to accept any responsibility.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh they want to talk about it........notice the call for "more aggressive gun laws."

A culture that absolutely refuses to accept any responsibility.

Yep. When the grieving relatives spout nonsense like this...

“When kids have guns, it’s because of loopholes in the law that allow them to get them,” said Ashley Combs, Armani’s Aunt.

Then we know they’re ducking the issue of familial responsibility and trying to shift the blame to an inanimate boogeyman named “Loophole.”

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
BLM the movement is such a fraud... They get their panties in a wad over police brutality (as if they're the only ones on the receiving end of it) yet ignore the fact that...

The biggest threat to black people... Are.......

Other black people.

Facts matter.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BLM the movement is such a fraud... They get their panties in a wad over police brutality (as if they're the only ones on the receiving end of it) yet ignore the fact that...

The biggest threat to black people... Are.......

Other black people.

Facts matter.

It's human nature. When things are out of control, we tend to focus on something we think we can control. Gun owners do it too everytime gun control comes up. We practically welcomed a bump stock ban to pacify those calling for more.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's human nature. When things are out of control, we tend to focus on something we think we can control. Gun owners do it too everytime gun control comes up. We practically welcomed a bump stock ban to pacify those calling for more.

Not "we".... maybe politicians like Trump who were just looking for an 'easy' solution to appease the mob, and the NRA. I don't know many, if any, gun owners who welcomed it. Same with the upcoming (potential) pistol brace ban.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Yeah, it's just more incrementalism that "justifies" the ATF's existence. But yes, I agree.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not "we".... maybe politicians like Trump who were just looking for an 'easy' solution to appease the mob, and the NRA. I don't know many, if any, gun owners who welcomed it. Same with the upcoming (potential) pistol brace ban.

Maybe it being welcomed wasn't the right phrase. I remember everyone being relieved it was only limited to bump stocks. The talk now about the pistol brace is the reason I put off getting one years ago after the last ruling. It's BS, but will be used to appease.

Latest posts

Top Bottom