The Flu

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for the state. Good luck on getting them to pay for anything. I soaked all surfaces, phones, handles, ever thing in Lysol. Then let it set for 10 minutes and used Lysol wipes on those same surfaces. She had been gone for 24 hours and other co-workers had cleaned the surfaces also. So I'm confidant we got it clean.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My company treats a sick day the same as disability day.
If you take sick, you might as well fill out family leave papers to
keep the company from holding it against you on your next review.

This means that everyone comes to work sick, and spreads it all around.
I have spoke my piece about the problem for 30+ years, and have had no luck changing things.

If you take a sick day we aren't paying you for your holiday lol

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try working in a school...."My little Bobby had a 120* fever all night, vomited 45 times, and couldn't quit squirting until 7:30 this am. But he has been symptom free for the past 30 sec so i decided he should come to school."

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My last employer gave us 3 days sick leave for the year. It was downsized from 5 days since nobody used it. So if you don't use it you don't need it.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is a elementary teacher. She has a large bottle of Germ-X on the entry table and every kid cleans his hands at the start of the day, lunch, and after lunch. Or when they come back from the bathroom. She's only had a couple sick kids, mostly stomach bugs. She quickly sends them home.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did print out a copy of the Policy and Procedure manual and highlight the section on Contagious Diseases. Let it on the billboard for her to see. Basically your go home ASAP if you've got a contagious disease.

Latest posts

Top Bottom