Wuhan Flu testing question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before I had my first of two cataract surgeries at the VA the tech that was prepping me for the surgery said that my Covid test came back negative. I wasn't aware that they had tested me for that when they took my blood draw, which was routine procedure prior to surgery. So, apparently there IS a blood test for Covid which might work better for your wife.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard from coworkers that solidaritus has you spit in a beaker then they take it in to be tested. Might call around to different clinics and pharmacies to see if they have optional tests. Good luck and hope it all goes well with your S/O!

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Very Much Everyone.

I used the wording "rammed" because that is what I saw them do. Nothing gentle about it at all. If she starts bleeding it will be one heck of a mess. Both lungs have multiple clots, she has to use the blood thinner. Neither of us has had the wuhan flu.

I have been calling and not getting to talk to anyone that can say yes or no or even if other tests are accepted.

My wife, due to the number of hospitals she has been in has had this test done 11 times, all negative. Of the ones I have watched they are just rough as can be, no idea why. maybe they look at me and decide they hate my looks and treat her like this, other than that, they may just be sadistic.

I have to go to town tomorrow and I will just waddle in and ask. It seems my horrid looks get people to tell me stuff quickly so I will go away. Many people say I look mad, it is just my face. If I smile it gets worse.....

Again, Thank You, David.

P.S. I will update this when I get home tomorrow.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I can understand your reluctance, though I think it looks worse than it is. Then again, maybe they only have ex-MMA fighters doing the testing in Ponca, and they don't think they've done the job unless they get a KO...

As another possible solution, my local CVS has testing at the drive-thru, and I'm pretty sure it's self-service testing, and I think it's swabbed, so maybe you could do that if they require that kind of test--at least that way you'd have some control over the force of insertion. I saw someone ahead of me in line do a test, but I didn't realize what they were doing in time to pay attention to the full process, so I just saw them put the kit in the bag and put It in the drop box.

Here's hoping you get a satisfactory solution...

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to this. I finally spoke with a person who told me the nasal swab is the only test they will accept. So my wife will be having her cataracts done, in Tulsa, no test required.

I did ask why Ponca City is the only place (at least for the outpatient surgery) that requires a wuhan flu test, I was told the same thing once again. It is "due to the outbreak in Kay County and surrounding areas". It seems odd that a small area is having such big a problem, and yet the hospital is almost empty.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely not necessary for the tech to ram the swab into your brain which is exactly what has happened to me twice during testing.
According to the home tests, 3/4” is all that’s required.

73E6D016-1832-4658-805F-1B3E4A9DE57B.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom