The Glock MIC holster...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After trying to find the "perfect" pocket holster for my Glock 27, I've decided to give one of these a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYC_Un8pPnA

I got one of these in the mail today. I'll let you know in a day or so how it performed. Most guys use this "holster" for IWB carry. I'm gonna try it in my right front pocket.

Wish me luck! :wink2:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, so far I've tried three different pocket holsters. One was a cheapie by Uncle Mikes, one was made of suede leather by Galco and one was the sticky one by Desantis.

All three had one major problem; they were square on the bottom. My pants pockets are all round on the bottom, so that's strike one.

Next problem; Both the Galco and Uncle Mikes holsters would come out with the gun on several different draws. At a rate of about three out of 10 times. Strike two.

And lastly, the top of the Glock 27's grip would kinda protrude out the top of the pocket on all three holsters with certain jeans. Strike three.

With the MIC holster, I don't have to worry about none of those three issues. The muzzle will find it's way to the bottom of the round pocket, which will also allow it to sit deeper in the pocket and the holster will NEVER come out with the gun and stay when presented downrange.

The only concern I'm having is maybe weapon printing and possibly the pocket lint issue, but I think that too will turn out to be a relatively non issue. :disappoin

We'll see. :rubhands:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife uses one. Keeps it on her 26 that rides in her purse. Keeps the trigger covered so no chance of hitting the trigger when digging for Chapstick. We have been very happy with it.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use one to carry appendix. Tie the string off to my 1:00 belt loop. Although its not actually a MIC or Vanguard. It's one I made myself, same design and idea though. Love it.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only reason I never used one for pocket carry with my LCP or bobcat is pistol would want to tilt, rotate etc, to where grip wasn't in a position to be drawn without being adjusted. Piston10, thats almost the exact way I present it when recommending it to women, except I say lipstick instead of Chapstick.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting idea GED, are you using the cord ?

Yeah, you have to. It's such a tight fit on the trigger guard, you can't just pull it off with your fingers.

I mean, you probably could, but it's such a tight snap on fit that the bad guy would pee his pants watching you try to free it from your pistol. :rollingla

Also, the cord is just a tad too short for pocket carry. I need to get longer one. But it works awesome for IWB use...if you prefer that method of carry.

Worth every penny. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom