The Lack of "Community" on OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, some of the shooting community has migrated to and prefers other forms of social media (i.g., other than forums, such as Facebook communities)...in particular, many younger outdoor enthusiasts use other communication medias. With all the good and bad, agreements and disagreements; we're all part of the Oklahoma Shooting Community. We have more similarities than differences, but the differences are what give us stuff to talk to about on a daily basis. We should do our best to be inclusive of the entire shooting community at all levels, and ignore the drama and personal attacks. Life is beautiful but short-lasting, so let's enjoy what we can while we can.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The rock I came oozing out of was a killer Ph.D. program. Sorry if that interrupted everyone's life as much as it did mine.

We still do. There's at least one group of people here that meet monthly. Also, we will be having more community get-togethers...In the past, I organized many of those and then I lost the time to when I started the Ph.D. program. Anyone can organize one if that's something they want.

I strive to address this issue on the forum because it's an important one to me. I've even started threads to bring more awareness about it (e.g., http://www.okshooters.com/threads/stereotypes-prejudice-and-discrimination.221027/). Please let me know if you see a post (by anyone) that is problematic because I don't read every post made on this forum.

Sorry that you missed them, but both of those religious posts by me were direct responses to religious posts by others.

Um, there's a difference that you can't realize. You're not a white man who goes to church. You even had another mod question your post.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Also, some of the shooting community has migrated to and prefers other forms of social media (i.g., other than forums, such as Facebook communities)...in particular, many younger outdoor enthusiasts use other communication medias. With all the good and bad, agreements and disagreements; we're all part of the Oklahoma Shooting Community. We have more similarities than differences, but the differences are what give us stuff to talk to about on a daily basis. We should do our best to be inclusive of the entire shooting community at all levels, and ignore the drama and personal attacks. Life is beautiful but short-lasting, so let's enjoy what we can while we can.

Sorry but I have a hard time with you telling others to lay off the personal attacks.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Um, there's a difference that you can't realize. You're not a white man who goes to church. You even had another mod question your post.
This story gets better and better all the time. I'm not sure where you're getting your BS info from, but I'm a Native American that does go to church.

Yes, mods question each others opinions, ideas, and disagree with each other. That's part of being a member of this forum, member or mod or whatever. We encourage everyone to do the same, including mods and staff.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
The only info and story I know about you is from reading what you post. If I would have said " There should be a law against Native Americans and blacks going to church, it would have saved alot of kids", you and I both no the post would have been deleted, and I would have been banned. You're luke the Hillary of OSA, a set of rules for you, and a set of rules for everyone else.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only info and story I know about you is from reading what you post. If I would have said " There should be a law against Native Americans and blacks going to church, it would have saved alot of kids", you and I both no the post would have been deleted, and I would have been banned. You're luke the Hillary of OSA, a set of rules for you, and a set of rules for everyone else.
You obviously have no idea why I made that post, or what I meant by it. Pulling it out of context, and misinterpreting here, isn't helping your case. Telling a Native American that goes to church that he's a White man that doesn't go to church is one of the most prejudicial things I've read in a while, but it's cool. Nobody has been banned for that or worse. We don't hand out bans for individual posts, so your statement about banning is way off also. What in the actual screw is going on here?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Lay off the poor guy. Saddlebum has seen his dick and says it's tiny.

I'm praying for both of them. YG for wielding a short sword, and Saddlebum for having had to gaze upon it. I know not the circumstance of the encounter, but it seems it has distressed them greatly. I wish them both peace and comfort.

Latest posts

Top Bottom