The Mandatory In-Car Breathalyzer Is Only a Few Years Away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously people shouldn’t drink and drive.. but this over complicated computerized zero privacy modern society is annoying and it will only get worse.

The other day, I was listening to music through earbuds with my iPhone. My phone informed me that I had reached my limit and I needed to turn down the volume to protect my hearing… Ha! I thought this America! I can destroy my hearing jamming out if I wanna!
Apple, nuff said

TomTom

Marksman
Reaction score
If that technology comes along then somebody will sell an adaptor to fit the mouthpiece with some special plastic bags (can't use plain ziploc bags from home, of course - like fancy razor blades they'll cost some money).
Before the drunkard goes into the bar, he blows into the special bag and plugs it into a heater powered by the car so his non-alcohol breath will be kept warm enough to fool the government mandated test.
When he staggers out of the bar he puts the adapter onto the breath machine and squeezes the bag, blowing non-alcoholic warm air into the analyzer and starts the vehicle to drive away.
A 12V hair dryer? Sounds like money maker....

JuanGrande62221

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The remote kill switch is slated for new vehicles 2023 and newer. The radicals will go for gusto while they are in charge. It is just the beginning. Years ago I was accused of wearing a tin foil hat for saying our every move was monitored. Actually ridiculed by family. [wifes side]
They can now if they want to on most GM products. Have been able to since the early 2000s, I’ve witnessed it first hand.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah??? Where they gonna get the chips for it??? Hell they can't even finish out the cars they built yet because they don't have the chips!
China will be more than happy to supply them after the invasion of Taiwan before this buffoon currently in office is voted out.

dabigboy

Marksman
Reaction score
As a young man, I always drove old clunkers. As time and income level progressed, my choice in cars got a little newer and a little nicer. I began to think maybe I'm getting used to some of the modern nice stuff, maybe I wouldn't want to drive those old cars again. Then I got my 1978 Datsun 280Z with no power steering, no screens, no Bluetooth, no cameras, no driver-assist, no computers (well, except the little EFI module), manual windows, and I realized it was just totally fine. I don't miss that other stuff at all. Car is a joy to drive, and easy enough to live with that I've used it as a daily driver/work car at times. In fact, I would use it as such all the time if I weren't concerned about racking up miles and wear-and-tear.

Now our newest vehicle is a 2005 Chevy van. That's plenty new enough for me.

Matt

Latest posts

Top Bottom