The Mandatory In-Car Breathalyzer Is Only a Few Years Away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
China will be more than happy to supply them after the invasion of Taiwan before this buffoon currently in office is voted out.

It would be a suicide operation. Only way that's going to happen is if Xi is really trapped in such an echo chamber that he isn't being told the truth of his own military's capabilities.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a young man, I always drove old clunkers. As time and income level progressed, my choice in cars got a little newer and a little nicer. I began to think maybe I'm getting used to some of the modern nice stuff, maybe I wouldn't want to drive those old cars again. Then I got my 1978 Datsun 280Z with no power steering, no screens, no Bluetooth, no cameras, no driver-assist, no computers (well, except the little EFI module), manual windows, and I realized it was just totally fine. I don't miss that other stuff at all. Car is a joy to drive, and easy enough to live with that I've used it as a daily driver/work car at times. In fact, I would use it as such all the time if I weren't concerned about racking up miles and wear-and-tear.

Now our newest vehicle is a 2005 Chevy van. That's plenty new enough for me.

Matt
I loved my 78 280Z! British Racing Green.
The ad read:

Must sell 1978 Datsun 280Z

Father of two tired of running alongside.

A friend of mine bought it for his girlfriend who wrapped it around a tree and walked away from it.

So why did I do all that bodywork?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not just breathalyzers... g force sensors, in cabin cameras, speed sensors. Jalopnik forgot to mention those. Every move, every passing maneuver, every swerve will be watched to determine if you are awake, sober and obeying. No big deal? Wonder what will happen to you if you say "fjb" while listening to Wilkow or Levin? Data can be fabricated. Want to remove them? Odds are the car won't start when data is not received from the sensors either. 1984 has infected our cars, next stop your home, but one could argue it's there now.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not just breathalyzers... g force sensors, in cabin cameras, speed sensors. Jalopnik forgot to mention those. Every move, every passing maneuver, every swerve will be watched to determine if you are awake, sober and obeying. No big deal? Wonder what will happen to you if you say "fjb" while listening to Wilkow or Levin? Data can be fabricated. Want to remove them? Odds are the car won't start when data is not received from the sensors either. 1984 has infected our cars, next stop your home, but one could argue it's there now.
If my 2000 F350 is spying on me for the PTB, I am 100% going to a re-education camp, if they can get me.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They can now if they want to on most GM products. Have been able to since the early 2000s, I’ve witnessed it first hand.
True. I believe the technology and hardware has been in place for years. It appears to be the legal part of it along with logistics and liability. And which politician will benefit financially the most.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True. I believe the technology and hardware has been in place for years. It appears to be the legal part of it along with logistics and liability. And which politician will benefit financially the most.
Actually even earlier than that, in the late 1990's there was a case were a Corvette driver was convicted by engine data and OnStar of reckless driving and negligent manslaughter from that data...

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Alexa, Google, Siri, Nest, the list goes on.....

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s been a rumor for years. Some with seatbelt detectors and speeding detectors. Hasn’t happened yet, I doubt it will.
Virtually every car sold in the United States already has [front] seatbelt detection systems as part of their standard equipment, though at present, those systems only sound an alarm or activate a dashboard light if a seatbelt is left unbuckled while driving.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
21E664B6-2EC7-415C-B23F-226DBE7C3D64.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom