The mangun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've nicknamed this PLR16 "The mangun".

My newest KelTec: (.223, 5.56 nato) Takes standard AR mags.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
:gun1:

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice setup you have there. I never used to care for keltec in the past but a good friend of mine got a su-16 a couple years ago and I love it. Hes made several changes to it but its a blast to shoot.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen someone with a collection of Kel Tecs.

I didn't mean to start collecting them. I started with the PF9. It is a SUPER light, single stack tiny 9mm. I got it as a cheap CCW piece. Then I stumbled onto the LCP by Ruger, and found out it was a copy of the keltec p3aT. So, having one keltec already, I decided to get the original version. It fits so nicely in my front pocket that I don't even feel it.
One day I was looking thru my LGS and saw the folding Sub2000 9mm carbine. It's the folding rifle that shoots pistol rounds. Another unique firearm. Had to have it, and I'm glad I did. That thing is a freakin tack driver. Again, cheap! Rush right out and get ya one.
Well, then I saw the PMR-30 advertised. 30 rounds of 22mag in your hand? Yup, gotta have one of them too. Again, on the CHEAP! The PMR-30 has been compared to FN 5.7. People were calling it the poor man's 5.7. Granted, the FN's much nicer, but the ballistics on the civilian bullets available for it aren't that much different from the .22 mag. Surely not enough to warrant the cost of the ammo and the over 1000 dollar price tag of the FN. I got the PMR for 399.

And finally, number 5. The PLR16. By now, I'm rather addicted to these cheap, unique and EXTREMELY lightweight pistols. I've also had a hole to fill in my arsenal. The .223 round was the remaining caliber that I didn't have a gun for. (my mom has been hording ammo. The family standardized calibers and have been stock piling ammunition LOL) At less that 500 dollars the PLR gets me into caliber at half the cost of an AR. With similar characteristics and accessories. Plus it's got a leg holster rig. The pistol that's actually a rifle. (1/9 twist to be exact heh...)

So, like me, keltec's are unique and cheap. And unlike me, they're super lightweight. Customer service is AWESOME too.

I'm waiting on the RMR-30 and the KSG now. (google em.) :woot:

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want an RFB. They take FAL mags.

aolegvolk.net_gallery_d_38558_2_erika_RFB_0093.jpg

Those PLR-16s are sweet too!

ai45.photobucket.com_albums_f89_badman400_Kel_Tecs_PLR_16SBREOTech007.jpg

For handguards I like the look of these modified Magpul handguards more than the Kel Tec ones.

alh5.ggpht.com__RjytRmKy2Pg_TTF3HhARIAI_AAAAAAAAAGU_44GGu6ZgpIQ_PLR16_MOE.jpg

alh4.ggpht.com__RjytRmKy2Pg_TTZ_ExtuJ5I_AAAAAAAAAJA_7yaBRSS2KIo_s640_Plr_000a.jpg

Kel-Tec has been coming out with some very cool designs, they just need to speed up manufacturing.

aolegvolk.net_gallery_d_39238_2_policeman_KSG_6459.jpg

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, that RFB is supposed to be the stuff! A freakin .308 bullpup. The recoil is reported to be light, and the trigger is supposed to be a dream. At 1800 bucks they're a bargain for what they are. If you could find one........

Latest posts

Top Bottom