The Mighty Hath Fallen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They'll probably put him on post detail pending reassignment. Don't they know General Officers can do what they want at any time they want?

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Relieving this C.O. for this nonsense is almost as stupid as relieving George S. Patton for slapping a soldier! This man had some seriously disloyal men, or women, under his command. The disgrace rests with those who betrayed him……and with the senior officers who dismissed him.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw on another forum that he also shut down scheduled training areas pretty regularly to be able to hunt.

In additon to some of his views on things going on in the Army, not being able to follow established regulations, then basicly using his ability to do what ever he wanted he pretty much shot himself in the foot by handing them a BS reason to relive him of command.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fort Sill is not the commanding general’s personal hunting club and sounds like that’s just the way he was treating it. Good riddance to an entitled jackass.
Maybe he thought he was doing a good deed? My dad eliminated many cats in town when they were using his show rose bed mulched with cotton seed hulls as a craping area.
.22 short with the window slightly opened with the firing position on the other side of the bedroom on a rest took out the cats without hardly any sound getting outside the bedroom window. Just a very light snap.
Yeah, I'm sure he was protecting the neighborhood. (roll eyes)

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After considering every aspect of this issue l, I’ve decided that the General’s actions were correctly intended to save the lives and protect property of people on and around Fort Sill.

Bobcats are dangerous and unpredictable and they can carry rabies Imagine if a small toddler (say a 2 year old child) got out of his room at 0200 hours and went outdoors to investigate a strange sound he heard through the open window in his room. At the same time, an angry, confused, rabid bobcat was wandering around the Base looking for trouble. Their paths cross and the toddler is unarmed because his mother doesn’t want him to carry firearms. I won’t relate the sanguine details of the events that would probably take place because some of you might faint or suffer a heart attack from emotional shock. The General is a hero…..

Latest posts

Top Bottom