The new phone book's here!! The new phone book's here!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, not the new phone book. Something better!!! It finally came!

media.midwayusa.com_productimages_880x660_Primary_137_137436.jpg

On November the 18th I placed an order with DPMS. They had discontinued the manufacturing of A1 uppers, and were selling what they had left for $75 a whack. You can still buy them for $133 from Midway, but SCREW THAT!!

Anyway, JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST that took forever! I ordered a few little parts with it, and a few tear drop forward assists. It is pretty, and fits all my lowers like a glove. So now the SP1 receiver goes on the 9mm, the 69-71 Colt goes on the 10.5" 223 Wylde as a 2nd caliber for the pistol, the new A1 receiver with the deflector goes on the 300 Blackout (currently has the SP1), and the 5.56's 69-71 receiver gets a shiny new teardrop forward assist. Happy day!

Things are going to start happening to me now....

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not waiting as long, but still frustated. Ordered an A2 style buttstock for my AR1-10 build. It shipped on the 3rd(priority 2 day from USPS) and still hasn't arrived. It left VT on the 3rd, arrived in NH on the 4th and left that day. Expected delivery date was today, and while I checked the mailbox 3-4 times it did not arrive(tracking hasn't even updated since it left NH). I hate USPS.....

Nice upper though.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not waiting as long, but still frustated. Ordered an A2 style buttstock for my AR1-10 build. It shipped on the 3rd(priority 2 day from USPS) and still hasn't arrived. It left VT on the 3rd, arrived in NH on the 4th and left that day. Expected delivery date was today, and while I checked the mailbox 3-4 times it did not arrive(tracking hasn't even updated since it left NH). I hate USPS.....

Nice upper though.

For me it wasn't UPS, or USPS. It was DPMS. They shipped it Monday, it was here Friday, but UPS left a note because I wasn't home, so I picked it up Saturday. I ordered it on the 18th of last month. I knew it would come eventually (at first), until the other day. I was checking on their website, thinking about ordering another, and they were gone.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I am not nearly fond of A2s (not as clean and simple), you are right, but at least you can still buy them new from a lot of the companies. Not so for A1s. Only Novak Spud, and they say they won't be making any for quite a while, and have none on hand.

I like the sleekness of the A1, and I like the size of the sight aperture better too. This is what I have for two of them:

www_ar15_com_media_viewFile_html_ece32c0d94e7dd8870156aac8e7f165b._.jpg

Deflectors are for bitches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom