The new phone book's here!! The new phone book's here!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the brand new DPMS A1 that is destined for the 300 Blackout barrel

This is the upper currently on my 300 Blackout, that will soon be on my bootleg 635.

This is the upper for the 10.5" 223 Wylde barrel, and is currently on my 9mm. Note the door!

This is my 5.56. It stays, and is getting the right door and delta ring that are living in a little baggy. I still need to order a 9mm door and deflector for the 9mm, but it will have to wait. I have a good rear sight dial for it too. I might have gotten that from you! Got a couple of teardrops too, in a little baggy. Please excuse the cheap scope and rigged mount. Waiting for a nice old Colt at a decent price!

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the brand new DPMS A1 that is destined for the 300 Blackout barrel

This is the upper currently on my 300 Blackout, that will soon be on my bootleg 635.

This is the upper for the 10.5" 223 Wylde barrel, and is currently on my 9mm. Note the door!

This is my 5.56. It stays, and is getting the right door and delta ring that are living in a little baggy. I still need to order a 9mm door and deflector for the 9mm, but it will have to wait. I have a good rear sight dial for it too. I might have gotten that from you! Got a couple of teardrops too, in a little baggy. Please excuse the cheap scope and rigged mount. Waiting for a nice old Colt at a decent price!

That is quite a nice collection you have there!

I do believe that you are correct about that being an early ArmaLite port door.

That 604 upper (the one without the FA) would look good in my safe ;)

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is quite a nice collection you have there!

That 604 upper (the one without the FA) would look good in my safe ;)

Thanks!

No, I'd better just hang on to it. My guns get a nasty allergic reaction if they sit in a safe for very long. ;)

I got that upper from saltydecimator some time ago, with a REALLY nice set of triangles. Just got a D type A1 stock for it the other day, almost as clean as new. Probably the pretty furniture will end up on the 5.56. My plan for it is to turn its heavy bull barrel to a pencil, mill off the fences and area around the receiver extension, invest in some XM Gray, and make it pretty. The furniture that lives on it now is not bad, but had definitely been around. It will probably end up on the 300. I love them ALL!!!! I have an original set of Colt 9mm blocks and pins, so if I build another pistol lower, they will go in one, and I'll 86 the Hahn mag block.

This is the way they are SUPPOSED to be!!!!!

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks!

No, I'd better just hang on to it. My guns get a nasty allergic reaction if they sit in a safe for very long. ;)

I got that upper from saltydecimator some time ago, with a REALLY nice set of triangles. Just got a D type A1 stock for it the other day, almost as clean as new. Probably the pretty furniture will end up on the 5.56. My plan for it is to turn its heavy bull barrel to a pencil, mill off the fences and area around the receiver extension, invest in some XM Gray, and make it pretty. The furniture that lives on it now is not bad, but had definitely been around. It will probably end up on the 300. I love them ALL!!!! I have an original set of Colt 9mm blocks and pins, so if I build another pistol lower, they will go in one, and I'll 86 the Hahn mag block.

This is the way they are SUPPOSED to be!!!!!

Sounds like the retro AR bug has bit you hard.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-upper-receiver-a1-stripped-fixed-carry-dpms.html

http://www.cdnnsports.com/bushmaster-teardrop-forward-assist-no-pin-spring.html

I don't know if this is the same upper your talking about but the price seems good. I've had the retro bug a time or two, I bought a old furniture set back in the day that had rack numbers on it. I knew nothing about ARs so I tried unsuccessfully to put them on a new RRA A2. I think Ill pick up one of those DPMS uppers and slowly piece together something.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap that's a great price!!!

Thanks!

My not-so-pretty stock has rack numbers on it too. Makes it neato!

You'd better get busy!!!

Last edited:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the retro AR bug has bit you hard.

I blame the government.

When I was a kid, and we played war, we were usually in the imaginary Vietnam jungle (which was actually the creek). Our toy machine guns had triangle hand guards and carry handles, or were AK-ish. Either way, you could rev the triggers up, and if you were living right, sparks might come out of the barrel.

When I first started on the 5.56, it was going XM177 all the way. I still have an aluminum CAR stock. Then it hit me that I had never had a 20" rifle, and why wouldn't it have triangles???

I have been ruined ever since. I got that dirty A1 upper receiver from Peanut about three years ago. Maybe four. I thought I was done, but the 635 bug just kinda came up and bit me, and things got crazy. I am fine though. I can quit any time I want. Really.

Latest posts

Top Bottom