The Official OC'r Sighting Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The whole thing has turned out like the "snowstorm of the century that we'll all be telling our Grand-kids about" of a few years back that was nothing. I've been carrying an M&P in a Looper Leather holster just about everywhere and nobody has batted an eye. I've tried to dress a little nicer I did get an invite to sit at another customer's table in Buffalo Wild Wings on the first day and had an interesting conversation, but ever since, it's been nothing. I've only seen one other OC who was a friend of mine. To my knowledge, I was the only OC at the High Noon Club meeting at H&H last Friday. It suits me just fine that this is one of the greatest non-events of all time.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gotten a few double-takes, and had a few people who seemed to be keeping an eye on me. But I don't go out of my way to dress up, and in fact to the average person I probably look more "gangbangerish" than professional. I don't care. Tatts, earrings, facial hair, athletic style clothing, etc. In fact, for them to see me carrying a high(er)-end 1911 in an OWB retention holster I think lends more credibility to tearing down stereotypes than anything else I could do, really.

:D

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When eating breakfast at Braums on NW Highway, West of Meridian, I got a hardy handshake and a "Thank you for carrying openly" from another patron. What a nice way to start the day!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had to run errands for the wife yesterday.

Finally had an opportunity to OC. Felt wierd at first just like when I first CCW'd oh so many years ago.

Unlike CCW which took a week or so for the feeling to wear off it only took about 1/2 hour or so for the feeling to wear off while OC'ng.

No one I know would ever in their wildest imagination accuse me of being a "people person". But yesterday I found my self chatting with sales clerks, helping two different stooped old ladies reach stuff off the top shelves in the grocery store and shooting the breeze with a guy at the gas station who was filling up while I was doing the same about nothing in particular.

Very, very strange behavior for me. Felt wierd, felt kind'a good actually.

Maybe I should OC more often.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had to run errands for the wife yesterday.

Finally had an opportunity to OC. Felt wierd at first just like when I first CCW'd oh so many years ago.

Unlike CCW which took a week or so for the feeling to wear off it only took about 1/2 hour or so for the feeling to wear off while OC'ng.

No one I know would ever in their wildest imagination accuse me of being a "people person". But yesterday I found my self chatting with sales clerks, helping two different stooped old ladies reach stuff off the top shelves in the grocery store and shooting the breeze with a guy at the gas station who was filling up while I was doing the same about nothing in particular.

Very, very strange behavior for me. Felt wierd, felt kind'a good actually.

Maybe I should OC more often

I think that having a few OC people mixed in the crowds around town is a good thing as it is serving as a gentle reminder to some of the little thugs in their late teens & 20s that Oklahoma is now both a 'Concealed Carry' & a 'Open Carry' state, ... and that there may be a number of older people around them conceal carrying guns that they can't see. Whereas before Nov, 1st and OC.. most trouble makers were so pre-occupied in what they were doing that they never thought about people conceal carrying.

I've noticed that a number of the hooded thugs regularly roaming the isles in my local Walmart are starting to act a little different since Nov. 1st. Where in the past they would crowd past people [especially older people] and act like they owned the isles.. since the 1st, I have seen a few of these same groups take a wide birth around older people and even say excuse me. I think they have heard about the new law going into effect, seen a gun or two being carried around OC by older men and it reminds them that there may be a lot of the older people who are conceal carrying guns that they can't see.

Guns are not a talisman.. but they are a great equalizer. A handgun in the hand of a disabled person or a older person will certainly help equalize them with someone who is younger, stronger & healthier... and I think OC is reminding the bad guys of that fact.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think that having a few OC people mixed in the crowds around town is a good thing as it is serving as a gentle reminder to some of the little thugs in their late teens & 20s that Oklahoma is now both a 'Concealed Carry' & a 'Open Carry' state, ... and that there may be a number of older people around them conceal carrying guns that they can't see. Whereas before Nov, 1st and OC.. most trouble makers were so pre-occupied in what they were doing that they never thought about people conceal carrying.

I've noticed that a number of the hooded thugs regularly roaming the isles in my local Walmart are starting to act a little different since Nov. 1st. Where in the past they would crowd past people [especially older people] and act like they owned the isles.. since the 1st, I have seen a few of these same groups take a wide birth around older people and even say excuse me. I think they have heard about the new law going into effect, seen a gun or two being carried around OC by older men and it reminds them that there may be a lot of the older people who are conceal carrying guns that they can't see.

Guns are not a talisman.. but they are a great equalizer. A handgun in the hand of a disabled person or a older person will certainly help equalize them with someone who is younger, stronger & healthier... and I think OC is reminding the bad guys of that fact.

An armed society, is a polite society. I went down to H&H this afternoon, purchased a Serpa Blackhawk for my compact 1911. Might be retiring my trusty LCP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom