The Pheasant Were Flopping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a great pheasant hunt this morning with my brothers, father and my middle son. We got a limit and maybe 7 quail and a rabbit. We were done before noon. Saw quite a few covey of quail but didn't shoot that well on them. We hunted around Pond Creek and Billings. I took the pic so not in it.

Ooh, I like that Chessie - least he looks like he has a Chess coat. Mine is a rocket in the field. Looks like everyone - men and dogs - had a great time!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ooh, I like that Chessie - least he looks like he has a Chess coat. Mine is a rocket in the field. Looks like everyone - men and dogs - had a great time!

It is a Chessie. It has a pretty good nose and was doing well till a wounded pheasant spurred it a few years ago and then it quit getting runners. This year though it seemed like it had gotten over that and did a great job on running birds. It has always been a great duck dog. My brother that owns it has 200 acres on Dirty Creek outside of Muskogee that floods in the timber and that dog has been on a lot of ducks and geese. The shorthair is my other brothers and it is getting pretty old. It will hunt hard but is really stoved up afterwards.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a Chessie. It has a pretty good nose and was doing well till a wounded pheasant spurred it a few years ago and then it quit getting runners. This year though it seemed like it had gotten over that and did a great job on running birds. It has always been a great duck dog. My brother that owns it has 200 acres on Dirty Creek outside of Muskogee that floods in the timber and that dog has been on a lot of ducks and geese. The shorthair is my other brothers and it is getting pretty old. It will hunt hard but is really stoved up afterwards.
Get some Remidil (not sure on spelling) to give him after the hunt to help with being stove up. A vet can prescribe it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom