The Queen's lunch menu in Chickasha, Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess pregnant students should get more to eat.
But, really - the most notable thing about the article is the link at the bottom.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“Schools are responsible for children while they’re at school,” the student’s father says.

“They’re responsible for feeding the children.”

Wrong. Parents are responsible. Feed your own kids. Give 'em a box of poptarts and a Big Gulp if you're upset, but just don't get it twisted as being a government problem.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been in Chickasha quite a bit. Nice town. From what I could tell, there weren't a lot of underfed folks.

I absolutely despise the feds telling locals what they can/can't do, but the goal of getting kids fitter, and cutting out the crap diets, ain't so bad.

Maybe get them all in a fitness program, stress some science and avition programs.....

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong. Parents are responsible. Feed your own kids. Give 'em a box of poptarts and a Big Gulp if you're upset, but just don't get it twisted as being a government problem.

While I absolutely agree with this in theory, I have a difficult time squaring it practically in light of "in loco parentis" as it applies to schools. Seems they want the authority, but not necessarily the responsibility.

I'm not too sure how I feel about that. :(

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I absolutely agree with this in theory, I have a difficult time squaring it practically in light of "in loco parentis" as it applies to schools. Seems they want the authority, but not necessarily the responsibility.

I'm not too sure how I feel about that. :(

The parents don't want the responsibility, or else they simply wouldn't be outraged.

Also, I doubt Michelle Obama decreed that lunch is made up of crappy piece of lunchmeat and cauliflower florette. There is more money tied up in packaging in that tray than the cost of food.

This is important, because the school itself took the federal standard and balanced it against their own laziness and 'budget' and made the call to spend the money on simple-to-serve food that technically meets the standard.

The school itself could do much better, but hay! let's just rip on Michelle Obama because we hate her anyway, right guys?

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The parents don't want the responsibility, or else they simply wouldn't be outraged.

Also, I doubt Michelle Obama decreed that lunch is made up of crappy piece of lunchmeat and cauliflower florette. There is more money tied up in packaging in that tray than the cost of food.

This is important, because the school itself took the federal standard and balanced it against their own laziness and 'budget' and made the call to spend the money on simple-to-serve food that technically meets the standard.

The school itself could do much better, but hay! let's just rip on Michelle Obama because we hate her anyway, right guys?

I don't think anyone hates the "beard". I've always wondered how and why states are adopting the "beards" standards for school lunches. The "beard" was not elected or appointed, yet federal funds and guidelines are being appropriated for the "beards" diet regime for school kids.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone hates the "beard". I've always wondered how and why states are adopting the "beards" standards for school lunches. The "beard" was not elected or appointed, yet federal funds and guidelines are being appropriated for the "beards" diet regime for school kids.

POTUS signed it into law, no one did anything because 'Michelle Obama told them'.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Your logic is ruining OP's pouting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom