The Walking Dead....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not so sure, take that back-I'm sure, I would not be handing over weapons to other groups until my group was fully stocked and able to defend against any other aggressors. Trading them prior is suicide.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not so sure, take that back-I'm sure, I would not be handing over weapons to other groups until my group was fully stocked and able to defend against any other aggressors. Trading them prior is suicide.

Well, we don't know how many weapons they got during the Carnival season.
And they didn't hand over any of the food, water and possible ammo that they got instead of stuffed animals and Cupie dolls.

I agree my group needs to be fully stocked, but Rick's group is used to doing more with less, plus this might serve two purposes. One, it puts resources outside of Alexandria and the group and it gives Rick a bargaining chip. Here is now an armed community that Negan doesn't know about. Might be trade value. Sacrifice this group and winnow down Negan's forces in the mean time.

Dave

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, just saying mine would've been fully armed first and then supplied the bargaining chips. No reason to have 2 groups like the saviors. They've proven to be a little out there and I would not trust them so quickly

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, just saying mine would've been fully armed first and then supplied the bargaining chips. No reason to have 2 groups like the saviors. They've proven to be a little out there and I would not trust them so quickly

For people that have survived horrible circumstances for a long time they sure seem to make some very poor choices and lack effective bargaining skills. I'm fairly new to TWD but I think what makes the show appealing is we get to imagine what we would do in these situations. In that fantasy, Neegan and/or many Saviors or myself would already be dead. At least 3 times in recent episodes the "good guys" have relinquished weapons in a situation where to do so is almost certain to result in servitude or death. Do the writers of these shows world view fit these scenarios or intended to get an audience reaction of "what an idiot"?

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know their views, but I do like how the show does show without a means to defend yourself (guns), you are t the mercy of your oppressors. I cannot understand why they keep giving them up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom