The ZIP What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold a few, and did find out some would malfunction and some did not. When I first found out from one of my customers about this problem, I stopped all sales, and did some testing of my own. And I found some of them had problems and some did not. I contacted the owner of the factory and told him about the problem, and that I am not going to sell a weapon to customers that may or may not have problems and I am sending the remaining ones to him, and would not sell any more until the problem was fixed, and that I would contact everyone that purchased one and have them do the same. He had no problem with that. He said the first ones were found to have the tolerances to close and that is the reason for the malfunctions, and he would fix them and send them back to me, and the customers that purchased them. There were a couple of customers that had no problems at all. He also said the problem was fixed at the factory, and the ones that they are producing now have no problems.

I feel the idea is a good one, and that if the problems are fixed, that this will be a great product for the consumer. I think problems at first with products from a factory will happen, until they get feedback from the consumer to change the production problems. When they come back I plan to test them again, and if they shoot with no problems this time I will resume sales. And not until then, and no, I will not have a waiting list. Those of you that purchased them from me and had any problems I have already contacted you about sending them back to Zip and have them fixed, my apologies, because I should have tested this new product first, before selling it. I still feel this is a great product, and that when fixed, it will be a great weapon to shoot and have fun with.

MF

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold a few, and did find out some would malfunction and some did not. When I first found out from one of my customers about this problem, I stopped all sales, and did some testing of my own. And I found some of them had problems and some did not. I contacted the owner of the factory and told him about the problem, and that I am not going to sell a weapon to customers that may or may not have problems and I am sending the remaining ones to him, and would not sell any more until the problem was fixed, and that I would contact everyone that purchased one and have them do the same. He had no problem with that. He said the first ones were found to have the tolerances to close and that is the reason for the malfunctions, and he would fix them and send them back to me, and the customers that purchased them. There were a couple of customers that had no problems at all. He also said the problem was fixed at the factory, and the ones that they are producing now have no problems.

I feel the idea is a good one, and that if the problems are fixed, that this will be a great product for the consumer. I think problems at first with products from a factory will happen, until they get feedback from the consumer to change the production problems. When they come back I plan to test them again, and if they shoot with no problems this time I will resume sales. And not until then, and no, I will not have a waiting list. Those of you that purchased them from me and had any problems I have already contacted you about sending them back to Zip and have them fixed, my apologies, because I should have tested this new product first, before selling it. I still feel this is a great product, and that when fixed, it will be a great weapon to shoot and have fun with.

MF

I disagree. The Mfg should have done enough R&D, and subsequent testing of multiple ammo/magazine combos before introducing a new product to the market. In my eyes it looks bad on them, like they were just in a hurry to get in during the craze to make a quick buck. It's good they're going to fix them, but it should have been GTG out of the box.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree. The Mfg should have done enough R&D, and subsequent testing of multiple ammo/magazine combos before introducing a new product to the market. In my eyes it looks bad on them, like they were just in a hurry to get in during the craze to make a quick buck. It's good they're going to fix them, but it should have been GTG out of the box.

There is a lot of this going on right now with all of the gun makers. Ruger, Keltec, etc. They are using the public for R&D.

Latest posts

Top Bottom