The ZIP What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How can that weight of .95 oz be right? If the only metal is springs and a barrel liner it would still seem to me that it would be heavier than an ounce.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Patrick at BANG had one. I got to handle it when i was there doing business. It reminds me of a space gun or something off a scifi movie. His was $209 out the door I think.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about buying one until I saw everybody's crazy prices $250-400 for a gun with a full retail of $199

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I thought about buying one until I saw everybody's crazy prices $250-400 for a gun with a full retail of $199

Word to the wise, don't buy one of these if you don't already have a 10 round 10/22 mag, the magazines don't come with it. The chances are slim and none of finding any 10/22 rotary mags right now. If you want to use a BX 25 you have to buy and install a special kit from zip for it to work. One more piece of advice, I saw this with a list price of $169 on the shot show 2013 videos posted on the other thread. Don't pay more than the low end range of $200 or you are getting ripped off.

I stand by this post.

okieshooter6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got out to the range to play with my Zip. Well, Its a RONCO jam-amatic! I tried four different magazines including the recommended Ruger BX25. Also tried two Ruger 10 rounders, a Butler Creek Hot Lips, and one old steel lipped 25 rounder. Pretty much had failures with all tried. Tried recommended ammo including Federal Auto Match which would work most of the time if the rounds were lightly coated with oil. Mostly had problems with the fired round not ejecting and getting caught by the next live round trying to feed. Accuracy wasn't bad considering the crude sights, and the trigger was very manageable which was a surprise. The awkward grip really wasn't a problem for me to get used to. I may swap the recoil springs that the gun came installed with, with the weaker springs included with it for lower powered ammo. I'm told that many of the first guns were manufactured with too tight of tolerances. Any way, I'll mess with it a bit more to satisfy my curiosity before returning it to ZIP.

MORE TO COME>>>

Latest posts

Top Bottom