The Zombie Apocalypse and You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Irregardless of how much we enjoy prepping and planning for the ZA, how many of you would actually survive more than one or two months, should the bottom truly drop out? I have medical needs that would render me useless about a month after loss of meds and they are of a type I can't stockpile (some refrigerated). Best I can do is put my family in a position to survive after I'm gone. I know a lot of us here are in a similar situation, through age if nothing else. Does it change how you prep or why? Just curious after re reading the Black Tide Rising series by John Ringo, probably the best most realistic look at a ZA.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I imagine I wouldn't survive very long after stockpiles of food have run out and most prepackged food was unattainable. I've never been hunting and wouldn't know what to do with a deer or hog if I managed to kill one. I've been fishing all my life though, and I imagine that if I could find a decent fishing spot, I could survive off of that for a little while, but I'm sure a fishing spot would be a dangerous place to be at between literal zombies and the types of survivors who wouldn't think twice about killing you for your stuff.

Did a quick wiki search on the Black Tide Rising series, I'm gonna check it out. Zombie fiction is one of my favorite genres of media

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I imagine I wouldn't survive very long after stockpiles of food have run out and most prepackged food was unattainable. I've never been hunting and wouldn't know what to do with a deer or hog if I managed to kill one. I've been fishing all my life though, and I imagine that if I could find a decent fishing spot, I could survive off of that for a little while, but I'm sure a fishing spot would be a dangerous place to be at between literal zombies and the types of survivors who wouldn't think twice about killing you for your stuff.

Did a quick wiki search on the Black Tide Rising series, I'm gonna check it out. Zombie fiction is one of my favorite genres of media
First one

Amazon.com: Under a Graveyard Sky (Black Tide Rising Book 1) eBook : Ringo, John: Kindle Store

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might/would survive a while. However, being on 30 day meds sucks. I’m on several, so I’d have horrible withdrawals for several days that may leave me vomiting/diarrhea/unconsciousness for several days. After that, I’d hurt damn bad every day. But I’d push through for my loved ones. So, I can hold out for length of meds + detox/withdrawal time and a little more.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been preparing my whole life I suppose tho I expect nothing to really happen in my lifetime. But I have prepared for my family. They will have a place to ‘retreat’ that is fairly sustainable and fairly remote as can be from large populous cities yet still close enough to enjoy now. Beides hunting potential I have small livestock that will survive and procreate. Tho’ stocked my fear is long term ammo needed to protect

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might/would survive a while. However, being on 30 day meds sucks. I’m on several, so I’d have horrible withdrawals for several days that may leave me vomiting/diarrhea/unconsciousness for several days. After that, I’d hurt damn bad every day. But I’d push through for my loved ones. So, I can hold out for length of meds + detox/withdrawal time and a little more.
I have that, plus a spinal stimulator that would last a few years (barring this being an EMP event). EMP would suck with having a battery in my back and wires on either side of my spine.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've thought about this a time or two. I don't suppose I'll survive any longer than the average person. I have the attitude and skills, it's just the odds are definitely against anyone surviving very long. I take meds, but nothing that'll kill me quickly if I quit taking them, so that's really not an issue.

I've always thought it was funny to hear people say they're gonna "bug out" to the mountains or some other wilderness type area. I've lived in those areas and life is hard enough with conveniences in the more remote places. I don't plan on going anywhere. My home is where I'll stay. Too many logistical issues to consider leaving there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom