thinking about a job change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's tax season. Go get a job at Liberty Tax Service and dress up like the Statue of Liberty and stand out on the corner. They put green paint on your face so your ugliness can be hidden for the most part!!! hahaha....

How bout i dress up as a ak47 and stand in front of your store

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TWSS said:
I'm only 30 and have the same issue. I dislike my job, make to much to quite, not enough to stay, and have to many people counting on me to take a pay cut. It's a real bummer.

You and me both. I would love to find something else, but starting pay for most jobs that don't require a PHD is too low for what I need.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I started a career change 2 years ago when I decided to finally pursue my childhood dream of being a professional pilot. I've been working just-above-minimum wage-jobs ever since, just so I can fit my flight training into my schedule (traditional 8-5 jobs don't leave a lot of time for flying). I've also passed up a lot of decent opportunities in the past 2 years so I could finish this out. It's stressful, knowing I've put my wife through 2 years of extremely tight finances and the fact that if I don't get hired as a pilot, it was a lot of money, time, and opportunity cost wasted. Unfortunately, airlines now require 1,500 hours of flight time, and I only have around 240, so I still have years of flight instructing for low wages ahead just to get the requisite experience.

Changing careers is not easy, but if you have a supportive family, it can be done.

Wouldn't it have been easier to have joined the Air Force and let them pay for your pilot training?

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a full time private investigator/oil field security for 2 years but its all nights.did 27 years in hvac before that

I've considered getting a private investigator license, did it take long to acquire and do you find it was worth your time to go that route?
Mostly I have no idea what job opportunities lie down that path.

I spent the last eight years putting in a million miles driving for Tyson Foods and I still have the CDL but I don't feel compelled to drive around the country for another eight years.
Since I separated from the trucking business I've just managed the rental properties I acquired over the years, it doesn't take up any noticeable time on my part these days, but I
miss having something I need to do every morning.

Every now and again I get the urge to do something completely different, I haven't bothered to follow a linear career path.

Latest posts

Top Bottom