This Glock 9mm doesn't look right to me. One too many cylinders. (S&W Content)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, every time I open a thread about a Smith 547 or 940 and Swedish 94, it just ruins my day. I've had so many opportunities to own all three of these over the years and I always told myself "Self, you don't have the money now. Wait awhile and you can get them all." Yeah!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
nice find gabe, i've been on the lookout for one of these for years. found a few here and there but always at the wrong time (money).

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nice find gabe, i've been on the lookout for one of these for years. found a few here and there but always at the wrong time (money).

I would definitely recommend picking one up if you have the chance. I hadn't been actively looking but knew what it was when it was handed to me. Got a hell of a deal or it would probably be on lay-a-way now instead of in my safe.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Found quite a few different styles of S&W grips over at S&W Forum. Particularly helpful post HERE confirms what I have found to be true so far and that is these are one of the two styles of grips that were originally shipped with the 547, with the 'Banana' grips being the other.

Round butt diamond Magna stocks (K)
i179.photobucket.com_albums_w289_1swchad_000_1227.jpg

Round butt Target stocks, aka banana (K, J)
i179.photobucket.com_albums_w289_1swchad_000_3884.jpg

The set on the left is usually what the 547 was shipped with for the 3" version.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The set on the left is usually what the 547 was shipped with for the 3" version.

Yep, that is what I am finding. May just pony up the money for the letter from Mr. Jinks.

Crusier1 @ S&W Forums said:
Just spoke with S&W historian Roy Jinks, he confirmed 3" RB 547's were shipped with both magnas and targets; magna's being in the minority.

Source

Latest posts

Top Bottom