This is a question posted theoretically. Maybe not.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason African game doesn't appeal to me but I'd really like to take a moose with a handgun.

Below is a pic of one @swampratt got and hauled back home a few years ago. :)

moose3.jpg

moose25.jpg

Last edited:

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you wanted something Africa, but didn't want to harvest, there's options to go tranq hunting certain species there. I think most hunting orgs recognize it for those that are trying to fill out a score card, but for instance you go out and stalk a Rhino or whatever, but instead of killing it, you have to still get inside 30 yards to hit it with the sleepy juice. Supposed to be a heck of a thrill.

Edit to note: these hunts are working with conservation groups as they need to find and do checkups on animals in the wild. It's not just knocking them out for the pure giggles. To some extent you get to assist with the veterinary part as well in some cases.

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you wanted something Africa, but didn't want to harvest, there's options to go tranq hunting certain species there. I think most hunting orgs recognize it for those that are trying to fill out a score card, but for instance you go out and stalk a Rhino or whatever, but instead of killing it, you have to still get inside 30 yards to hit it with the sleepy juice. Supposed to be a heck of a thrill.

Edit to note: these hunts are working with conservation groups as they need to find and do checkups on animals in the wild. It's not just knocking them out for the pure giggles. To some extent you get to assist with the veterinary part as well in some cases.
I hadn't heard of that, but it's a cool option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom