thought and opinions on the beretta 90-two?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I stupidly sold my beretta 92fs about 4 months ago and i've regretted it ever since so now i want another one but i like the idea of having a rail on there so that i could mount a light on it and use it for a home defense gun. the m9a1 is too hard to find and more than i would want to spend so now i'm looking at the 90-two. i don't know anyone who's ever owned one so i wanted some opinions from those who have. is it just as reliable as the 92fs? just as accurate? does it use the 92fs mags? etc....

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was considering one at one time. They're way too expensive and the reason that they're not more widely adopted is because they don't live up to expectations (according to what I've read online - this was some time ago though).

They change a lot of stuff that makes various parts non-compatible with the 92 or M9, but yet its essentially nothing more than a fancied up version of the 92.

There are very few of them out there compared to other options - I'd own any number of Sigs or CZs before I ever considered owning a 90-two.

Enoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother has a 90 two and loves it. I have shot about 500 rounds through it and he has shot around 1500. Its good to go in my opinion and very reliable. Good luck with your decision.

tinfinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 90Two IS a variation of the 92. I think most small parts do interchange. The biggest change is the grip is a one-piece plastic "module" that goes on a alloy subframe. The 92, of course, uses traditional grip panels with screws and bushings. The 90Two grip module allows you to chose between a traditional 92 size and shape grip and a smaller Vertec style grip. The slide is contoured a bit different so it wouldn't fit 92 holsters -- but the light rail would have prevented that anyway.

Generally on the beretta forum the only knock against the 90Two is some don't like the plastic feel of the grip module...and it's more expensive than a regular 92.

If you want a 92 with a factory light rail, your choices are the 90Two or the M9A1. Used Vertecs can also be found, as well as 92G-SD's but these are very expensive.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i've never really liked the vertecs. i really want the m9a1, but as i said at the top, they're too hard to find and about $150 to $200 more than the 90-two from what i've seen so far

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going the route of a 90-two, but decided against it. If you want to hang lights and stuff off it, buy a glock/xd/m&p. If you want to add a laser, get a 92 or m9 and put crimson trace laser grips on it.

I found that the 90-two is a screw ball size, so it makes it difficult to find holsters and accessories for it. If you do find things for it, you will most likely pay a premium for them.

They do make bolt on rails for the 92/M9.

I personally went the M9 with CT laser grips and thinking about adding one of the bolt on night front sights or possibly even mailing my slide off and having the front blade drilled and having a glow vile installed. However, I blacked out the rear sight and the big white one on front with the laser grips keeps it on target.

Latest posts

Top Bottom