Thoughts on a kids first rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the single shot guns that have a hammer. With a setup like that, there is no question of whether or not it is cocked, all you have to do is look. Seems to me to be about the safest. Savage makes one, Rossi makes one, I think Harrington and Richardson make one, and there may be a couple others. I started both of my nephews out on a Rossi combination single shot 22/20 gauge for around $140. A couple of years later they got semi automatic 22's.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the single shot guns that have a hammer. With a setup like that, there is no question of whether or not it is cocked, all you have to do is look. Seems to me to be about the safest. Savage makes one, Rossi makes one, I think Harrington and Richardson make one, and there may be a couple others. I started both of my nephews out on a Rossi combination single shot 22/20 gauge for around $140. A couple of years later they got semi automatic 22's.

TC Hotshot

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a Crickett for my daughter a year ago, and almost immediately found out that the Savage Rascal comes with the Accu-Trigger. And it costs very little more. I'd go with the Rascal if I did it over again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom