Thoughts on LR Scope for 6.5 x 284 First Focal Plane .1 Mrad ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLAFASTBALL

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a 6.5 x 284 I've had for a while ,never shot and never mounted a scope. I have a new Nightforce BR 12 X 42 that I'm not going to use . I will be shooting to 1000 yards and sometimes more. I was thinking a .1 Mrad Vortex PST 6 X 24. I have a 20 MOA base on the rifle. I only want to make the right choice once.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe i missed your budget?

Options: Vortex PST as you listed, beyond that HDMR, Bushy Elite Tacts ERS, Razor HD Gen II, new Steiner T5xi…….etc.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with Vortex for the price, good glass

I am not a glass snob by any means and have ran several Vortex PST scopes over the past several years. I would by no means misinform you of their poor glass quality on all their scopes except their Razor line. The PST shines with its price and abundance of features.

I am a Vortex fan, but recently have started playing with my new Bushnell XRS 4.5-30x50 G2 and would highly recommend it with your choice of reticle. I am not sure what your intended use for the rifle / scope is, but I seriously don't think you would be disappointed in the Bushnell scope. Also you may get in on the Vortex Razor HD 5-20 scopes for $1299 new. I am not sure how long that deal is gonna last for, but it may be something to jump on. Lastly I would recommend the SWFA 5-20 HD which has also been a decent scope for $1100, nice glass, illumination, 10 mil turrets. My only complaint with it is the reticle.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nightforce kahles or premier if you have a big budget. If not vortex zeiss Nikon and leupold vx 3 or mark 4 make good options. Also desired reticle would help narrow it down.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom