Thoughts on Mini 14 value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This past year I paid $900 for a used 5801 Wood w/Blued steel. Had a little surface rust around the front sight that cleaned up just fine. As for mag pricing just last night I ordered 4ea 20 round Factory mags for $27.00 each which can be regularly had. You’re welcome to shoot mine if you’d like, the 580 series is WAY more accurate than the early ones which I also have and you’re welcome to shoot both for comparison and if you’re not looking for single hole groups I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
View attachment 359027
Since you’ve witnessed my shooting skills, I’m pretty sure that you know that I’m not looking for single hole groups. That is a good looking rifle, and I’ll take you up on your offer in the near future. Thanks neighbor

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just did some looking around on a local used gun classifieds I frequent, and if a Mini is listed below $900, it’s already sold. :anyone:

Edit to add that Mini 14’s aren’t something I normally look for, but I’ll be on the lookout now.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love mini's ,but a $500 psa AR 15 will out perform it in every way

Back in the day I owned a mini because it was an economical alternative to a then expensive AR , they weren't as accurate but made for some fun blasting .

No way in hell would I pay $900 or more for a mini of any flavor when you can buy a relatively decent quality AR from a whole host of companies in the $500 - $700 range

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day I owned a mini because it was an economical alternative to a then expensive AR , they weren't as accurate but made for some fun blasting .

No way in hell would I pay $900 or more for a mini of any flavor when you can buy a relatively decent quality AR from a whole host of companies in the $500 - $700 range
and the price of mini magazines make it an even worse value

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Mini-14 that I bought here on OSA 10-12 years ago for $700. I don’t shoot it much, but do like and will likely never sell it. Mine still has open sights and it is more accurate than I am. I do enjoy shooting it more than an AR.
Magazines are another issue. When I first bought it, I bought several 20 and 30 rd off-brand mags. None of them worked consistently. I now only use Ruger mags only and the perform flawlessly - but are stupid expensive.
My vote is to get one just to play with. If you don’t like it, you shouldn’t have any issue selling it quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom