Thoughts on Mini 14 value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you. Don’t let the naysayers rain on your parade, sadly some people spend their whole lives seeking out negatives. For me the Mini was a better fit for my needs. Never served in the military and grew up without ever firing an AR so when I broke down and finally bought one it just didn’t do it for me. The feel and operation are foreign and not intuitive for me in the least while the Mini is form, fit and function just like every other rifle I’ve ever fired. They are very reliable, dependable rifles and if drug through sand and mud they’ll still be ready to Rock and Roll. I also prefer the metal Ruger factory mags that just feel like they could take a beating and keep on ticking. Wonder what would happen if I ran over both a ProMag and a Ruger magazine with my 1990 F250? Another nice thing is that with the 1:9 twist they’ll shoot everything from 40-62 grain bullets just fine. I think once you spend a little time with one you’ll find the little carbines to be great guns and a hoot to shoot.

Exactly right. They're decent little guns, they're fun, and they're uniquely American. Some people just like to b**ch because it makes them happy. I'm guessing everyone spends money on something that someone else would find to be a waste of that money.

Personally, I'd encourage you to find one at a price you can live with. Almost guaranteed you'll get your money back if you find it's not what you thought it might be.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly right. They're decent little guns, they're fun, and they're uniquely American. Some people just like to b**ch because it makes them happy. I'm guessing everyone spends money on something that someone else would find to be a waste of that money.

Personally, I'd encourage you to find one at a price you can live with. Almost guaranteed you'll get your money back if you find it's not what you thought it might be.

people disagreeing on the Internet .. oh my what if this were to become a trend ?

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love my Mini! I've got some ARs but just like the mini more, I replaced the sights on it and it shoots good enough for me! mini14.JPG

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first experience firing a 5.56 was with a Mini 14 and frankly I was impressed. A COP friend (I’ve had many) brought one and let me take it for a spin so I took a bead on the 18”X18” plate we had set at 300 yards. From a standing position I took aim, slowly squeezed the trigger and heard a “Bang!” followed by a “Bong!” “Son of a gun I hit it.” Took 9 more shots and only missing once which made me a believer. As I said earlier if MOA or better groups is your game then this isn’t the rifle for you however that isn’t what puts a smile on my face. I most enjoy the challenge of off-hand shooting and frankly only have use for a bench when I’m sighting in a gun or working up loads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom