Thoughts on Mini 14 value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I really like the idea of the Mini 14, I just don't think they are a good value for what they are, especially compared to the alternatives.

If you could pick up a used one for $400-500 I would probably own one or two, but in my opinion they are just too expensive.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried two of them. They are pieces of ****! Your opinion may differ.

It does... Along with several other million people who own, or have owned, them.

Must be why Ruger has been able to sell every single one they can build for going on 50 years...for some pretty premium prices.

Probably just a fad gun... Like home computers...

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had 4 of various configurations. I got every single penny that I put into them back when I sold them. They aren’t great shooters, but they are fun as all get out. None of mine were finicky with ammo or mags. The best shooter was a target model that budsgunshop was closing out for $625, it shot about 1.5” at 100yds. Spent about another $500 with accuracy systems Inc and then it shot about 1.55” (my experience only, save your money>accuracy systems Inc- new trigger was considerably better though). The rest were around 3” at 100. I wouldn’t let the accuracy thing or resale value cloud your picture of owning one too much. Like someone else said, if you don’t overpay to begin with you won’t have a hard time getting your money back should you choose to sell it. They’re cool/fun/great for what they are. This thread has me talking myself out of a mini-30 now…

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It does... Along with several other million people who own, or have owned, them.

Must be why Ruger has been able to sell every single one they can build for going on 50 years...for some pretty premium prices.

Probably just a fad gun... Like home computers...

Yea, and how many people buy Prius cars every year too! They are pieces of **** too! Probably a fad too! LOL!

But hey, opinions differ! Some like ****, some don’t!

Latest posts

Top Bottom