Thoughts on the Marlin 795?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

77Sooner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Marlin lever guns, but have no dealings with any of their semi auto rifles. Any thoughts out there? Trying to decide between the 795 or a Ruger 10/22.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are more accessories out there for the Ruger, but the Marlin will probably shoot better. It is nothing more than a different version of the Marlin model 60. There have been millions of those made, and for a good reason.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

77Sooner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are more accessories out there for the Ruger, but the Marlin will probably shoot better. It is nothing more than a different version of the Marlin model 60. There have been millions of those made, and for a good reason.

Kind of my thoughts from what I have seen, and I am not real concerned about accessories with ths purchase. Found a 795 with composite stock on the shelf for 139 bucks at a LGS. For that price, looks like I should just go for it. Even if it's just average, can't hardly beat the price!

Latest posts

Top Bottom