Thoughts, on this beautiful evening.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sit here on the back patio, just having finished a cigar and sipping the last whiskey for the evening. My dog, advanced in years and with ever creeping hip problem turns her face to me for loves. My hands, aged enough to look like a mix of my father’s and mother’s hands give a gentle heartfelt and sympathetic affection to her big, grateful face. Empathy is felt for her as well. Age has brought to me aches and pains of the back and the foot. Hate to see the way she slowly lays down and stands up. Movements requiring more time… as too it does with me. This beautiful evening, as I hold her grateful and sorrowful face in my hands a thought occurs for the first time. I say to her, low and with truth from the heart, “Growing old ain't for the weak”.

Such a good dog. It’s gonna pain me when she leaves.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A quote from a friend sitting on the bank of a fast flowing creek in Colorado --- "I'm thinking thoughts that would stumble empires."

I'll always remember this.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thoughts and memories seem to consume us as we age. It's awesome that you and her have that bond and love for each other that you've had for apparently several years. Cherish the memories good sir and never forget the good times you both shared. God bless.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading your words and thoughts, a far reach from the usual here. Sunset for me probably isn't far off, but I'm still in the fight, but it would be a short one. Remember the movie Lonesome Dove, when Gus is on his death bed and he looked up to Call and said "It's been quite a party." Love to have a drink with you.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading your words and thoughts, a far reach from the usual here. Sunset for me probably isn't far off, but I'm still in the fight, but it would be a short one. Remember the movie Lonesome Dove, when Gus is on his death bed and he looked up to Call and said "It's been quite a party." Love to have a drink with you.
My favorite movie and I plan to do just that if I have the chance.
I hope I got 25 more in me but they do go fast and no garrantees

Latest posts

Top Bottom