Tikka T3 Lite .270

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightningkylej

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to take out my new Tikka T3 lite this evening about 4:30. Wife got it for me a couple weeks ago for an early Christmas present.
Since I am a lefty, my .270 is the synthetic stock with a stainless barrel. I have a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 scope on the supplied rings along with a Caldwell 6-9" bipod and sling.
First thing I noticed is the smoothness of the action. Butter, pure hot butter. Trigger is a real pleasure to pull as I didn't even feel the break as it fired. Just a little pressure and then... bang! Factory supplied rings look cheap and probably will need to be changed but so far they are doing their job.
My buddy was at our normal "shooting range", that is setup for 50-150 yard shooting, to do a little antlerless hunting. So I went over to our second lease and did a make shift site-in for the Tikka. I pulled the bolt and bore sighted it in a 25 yards. Pulled the trigger and made a few adjustments before moving it out to 50 yards (as far as I could shoot due to the tall grass and short box that I was using as a target). Took a couple more shots and a few more adjustments before settling on a nice 6 shot overlapping pattern about 1" low of center.
Recoil was a little more noticeable than my bull barrelled .270 but this was expected in such a light rifle. A limbsaver will change out the slightly stiff recoil pad on the Tikka.

Now for the fun...
Not really wanting to call it a night (about 5:00), I decide to go about 300 yards away from my target practice to sit on a feeder that has been getting a lot of attention lately, while I was waiting for my buddy to get a deer.
I didn't really expect to see anything after blasting off nearly 15 rounds just minutes before BUT after sitting about 150 yards from my feeder, I begin to hear some rustling coming through the brush to my right. I look for about 10 minutes before I see the first little piggy come into view. in a clearing. Then I see another and another. Bad thing is they are on the WRONG side of the fence! But I knew they were heading to my feeder. So I waited for them to come onto my side of the fence. I pick a very cautious little pig in the rear and watched it until it crossed the fence. I was hoping for a small boar since it was coming up after the family group that had been at my feeder for about 10 minutes.
With the light failing fast, I get the little pig in the sites and squeezed off a nice shot. The other 10 or so pigs that were around my feeder headed for the trees. I couldn't exactly tell where the shot hit as it was getting really dark without the aid of the scope. So I wait about 5 minutes before walking down to the feeder and the light is completely gone. Three little pigs had already made it back to the feeder and I scared them off when I came down the the tree line before my feeder. Took out the flashlight and there was the little girl I shot, laying right where she was hit.
I called my buddy and he headed over from the other lease and helped me get her loaded and processed.

90lbs of pure goodness!
[Broken External Image]

And the trail camera where she fell
[Broken External Image]

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I've been wanting that rifle in right hand version for a while now. When I worked at Academy, we sold a bunch of those Whitetail Hunter rifles that Tikka used to make. They were very easy to bore sight, and usually were very close to dead on when taken to the range. Congrats on a fine rifle, and some excellent pork.