Tire Rotation Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can cross rotate a radial tire just fine, you actually are supposed to rotate them like that unless they are direction only tires. Cross rotating helps keep the tread block cupping down and gets more life out of the tire.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
BFG says their AT tires should be rotated in a criss cross pattern.

Like you, I rotate front to back but not criss crossed. I have Firestone Destination MT's and are directional though. The tire clearly shows that the tread is designed to one in one direction only.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
unless those FS tires have a "outside" designation on them you can still cross rotate them, just have to break the wheel/tire down to do so. On my truck that will see 50k miles on the set of tires anything I can do to extend out the tire life I will do, with that my Nitto TG tires can be rotated cross so it will keep the cupping down to a minimum.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm the weird one here and with everyone I know personally.

I started driving in 1979. I have never rotated my tires, and I have never had a problem with them. That's just me. You do what you feel is right.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm the weird one here and with everyone I know personally.

I started driving in 1979. I have never rotated my tires, and I have never had a problem with them. That's just me. You do what you feel is right.

I usually rotate front, to back: one time , when front start rounding(from turning).
If you have to rotate that much, I dont know , I just Dont..... ;)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You can cross rotate a radial tire just fine, you actually are supposed to rotate them like that unless they are direction only tires. Cross rotating helps keep the tread block cupping down and gets more life out of the tire.

makes sense to me. i guess i know what i'll be doing this afternoon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom