Tisas BR9 9MM Hi-Power clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One oddity (at least to me) is in the take down. It's pretty straight forward or so I thought. I safety
checked it. Dropped the mag., locked the slide to the rear, visually and physically checked the chamber.
Then I engaged the thumb safety in the forward notch and attempted to push the slide stop out from the
right side where it protrudes from the frame. Not happening! I even smacked it with a plastic mallet and
nothing. I tried every way I could think of and that sucker ain't budging. For some unknown reason I slipped
an EMPTY magazine in and I could then push the slide lock out with very little effort. Is this normal? It's not
the way the book said to do it and I've never seen anyone have to do that but it works every time. Same thing
when reassembling.
Move the slide stop lever up and down (wiggle it) while pushing on the right side. Finesse not power and it should slip out. I have a Hi Power and have thought about one of these. Looking forward to a range report.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When removing the slide stop on a BHP or a HP clone, you first push upward on the slide stop lever, then push it out. That's why it works when you insert the mag--the mag follower pushes the slide stop lever up for you.

And, yes, removing the mag safety will generally allow even empty mags to drop free.
Thanks for that info. I'm going to try that. Also the info on the mag safety.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Move the slide stop lever up and down (wiggle it) while pushing on the right side. Finesse not power and it should slip out. I have a Hi Power and have thought about one of these. Looking forward to a range report.
Maybe next weekend I can get it to the range. If I do I'll post a full report.
Brownells Carrie's the blued version for $529, so getting a stainless for under 5 Bills is pretty good.
Yeah I thought so too. It was a Gunbroker auction. It was a 1 penny auction with no reserve and I was the 19th bidder. Pretty good deal.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting schematic in the Tisas manual. Tried matching parts to the numbers on the list. They're not even close.
Saw some parts on the diagram that I could not even identify. Number 14 for instance. What the heck is that? Then
the parts list calls it the hammer pin.

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 128
  • img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 114

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Number 14? Out in front of the barrel in the schematic? That's a barrel bushing. Hi Powers, like 1911s, have barrel bushings. Removing the bushing on the BHP is generally unnecessary.
That's what I thought it looked like but I couldn't even find that on most Hi-Power schematic's. Anyway I knew it wasn't a "hammer pin".

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Snuck off to the range today to put some lead down range with my new Tisas Regent BR9
Hi-Power clone. Just grabbed some mags and loaded them up with the first thing I found in
my ammo stash. It was some MAXXTECH 115 grain FMJ steel case that I had picked up on
sale a year or so ago and had never fired before. Ran a couple of hundred rounds through
this gun and I really wasn't pleased. Failure to feed, Failure to extract, jams, stovepipe jams,
failure to go completely in to battery. A couple of times I got off a complete magazine. Accuracy
wasn't great. Seemed like I was always hitting low and left. Very enjoyable to shoot when it was
working but very distracting with all the failures. Afterwards I was discussing the problems with
the owner of the range and he assured me that it was all about the ammo. He despises steel cased
ammo and he won't allow steel core bullets on his range. Well these weren't steel core but I'm inclined
to agree that the feeding problems were the result of the rough steel casings of this ammo which is
made in Bosnia. Hopefully the next trip and some good quality brass cased ammo will render much better
results.
****** ammo.jpg Tisas target.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom